General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

Spam in Private Message

Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin

Dear Community Members,

We noticed that many of you received spam message directly in a form of a private message in the last 24 hours. These messages were the same, but were coming from different users. Based on the research, 203 new spam accounts were created for this attack.

As the first measurement, we banned all these accounts from our Community. We will discover now what else we can do to avoid a similar issue again.

Sorry for the inconvenience it caused and thank you all who reported it to our moderator team.

In case you have any further question, please let us know in a reply below here.

Best regards,
Graphisoft Community Team

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

4 REPLIES 4

Thanks for the update. Is there a specific channel we should report website bugs on? The hamburger menu no longer works in portrait mode on iOS devices (iPhones anyway). If I turn landscape and open the menu it works and then return to portrait it works but if I open the menu after a website reload it just loads a blank white space covering the screen. 

5BDF663E-D489-4F2D-A9D2-12A30FF604B9.png

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

Hi Lee, 

Thank your for your report, we will check what happened.

Currently you can report issues via What's new? (I suggest to use the label "Communty Bugs") or you can drop us a message at community-support at graphisoft.com

Kind regards,
Noémi

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

DGSketcher
Legend

@Noemi Balogh I haven’t received any pm spam, but I have noted recently several historic threads with posts basically recycling earlier responses so they look legitimate without contributing to a solution or raising a relevant query. If a post count is a way of assessing a credible user then this is a good way to get round it.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Thank you, this is a great point. We are thinking about raising some "limits", like who can post or write private messages. Once we have a strategy, we will start to implement it and will let all of you know about the changes. 

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin