Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We want your feedback!

Gordana Radonic
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello everyone! 

We are happy you joined our Graphisoft Community!

Bearing in mind that we freshly launched this platform, your feedback is crucial to keep improving our community.

Would you please share your impressions, comments, suggestions?

Community Manager
GRAPHISOFT

133 REPLIES 133

I guess the forum software took a bit of time to update your Ranks after linking your Archicad Talk profiles. You guys are now Participant, Booster, and Participant, respectively, so it is OK now.

....................................................................................................
Laszlo Nagy, Lead Moderator, Community Admin
Get Archicad Tips at https://twitter.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen 1700X CPU, 48 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), WIN10 PRO ENG, AC20-AC25
Loving Archicad since 1995

Sorry Thomas,

I appear to have deleted one of your posts.

It was showing twice so I thought I would clean up and delete one of them.

However both seem to be gone.

I am still learning as a Moderator what all the new functions are.

Fortunately I have an e-mail of it - so here it is.

@Thomas Holm wrote:

This badge system is a silly joke. Don't you guys have some useful work to do? I guess we'd like to know who's employed by Graphisoft, who's an admin, and who's a moderator. We others are simply The Rest!

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 25
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Dell Precision 3510 - i7 6820HQ @ 2.70GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro W5130M, Windows 10

Jp1138
Expert

Is there a way to display the post you are replying to while seeing the forum in linear fashion? It seems I only get the little In reponse to shortcut, but not the text itself.

ARCHICAD 24 SPA
Windows 10

DGSketcher
Mentor

@Gordana Radonic There is a return to top of page button after the last post in the page footers. Please can we make this float so when I get bored of scrolling I can get back to the headers quickly? 

It would also be handy when viewing old to new that we can GOTO the last post.

Edit: Just realised Home & End keys work, but the click options would still be more intuitive.

Apple iMac macOS Big Sur / AC24UKI (most recent builds)

Hi DGSketcher, this connects well to your previous suggestion, will check that...

Community Manager
GRAPHISOFT

Nguyen Minh
Graphisoft Moderator
Graphisoft Moderator

Dear All,

Regarding the display concern, in the Community, we have an option to switch to Linear mode by going into My settings section (click on your avatar at the top right corner).

Here, under Preferences > Display, we can select Linear format.

msedge_qcw2pG7JiI.png

We can customize it further by clicking the Linear Layout on the left column.

msedge_FEFVIBViQl.png

I hope it will help you with browsing our new Community!

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

SeRohde
Enthusiast

For me personally with the new design, its hard to tell whats content and whats the users signature. Maybe I just need to get accustomed to it.

Admin of BIM [Cloud] [SaaS] [Server] | AC 19-25 [Win&Mac Clients] | VM's

@SeRohde Agree.  This is in part a result of the migration process apparently ... and the default CSS/HTML for signatures.

If you edit your signature from your profile... you can place the content between <small> and </small> tags to at least make the font smaller, which makes it stand out less.  Any HTML tags can be used there.

A global change to signature appearance would be helpful, though, as so many users will either not edit their signatures... or will not migrate to this platform, leaving their signatures as they last appeared on the old forum platform.  Hoping that @Gordana Radonic and team might be able to do that.

One of the forum moderators   •   AC 25 USA and earlier   •   MacOS 11.6, iMac Pro

I get an Invalid HTML error when I try to add the tags...

AC18-23 AUS 7000
Self-taught, bend it till it breaks.
Win10 | E5620 x 2 | 24GB | K2200

@Lingwisyer Can you paste the HTML here or send me a PM with it so I can check it?  I wonder if the signature only allows a subset of HTML...

One of the forum moderators   •   AC 25 USA and earlier   •   MacOS 11.6, iMac Pro

Was just trying at add <small> </small> as per your suggestion...

AC18-23 AUS 7000

Yikes.  We'll have to have @Gordana Radonic look at this... perhaps HTML signatures are not enabled for non-moderators.

I have tried BBCodes, which did not work as well

Admin of BIM [Cloud] [SaaS] [Server] | AC 19-25 [Win&Mac Clients] | VM's

I can confirm that this doesn't work, Karl. Seems like mods are indeed getting the special treatment!

But yeah, in general the CSS of this forum is just a joke.

AC 24 [ger] | Win 10 | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

Does this HTML on-line editor help?

https://html-online.com/editor/

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 25
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Dell Precision 3510 - i7 6820HQ @ 2.70GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro W5130M, Windows 10

Jp1138
Expert

Shouldn´t the time of the last post be shown somewhere? Now it shows the time of the original post.

Jp1138_0-1630596847828.png

Also, is there a way to go directly to the first unread post when you click a thread? Right now it takes me to the first post.

I´ll stop spamming this for a while 😶

ARCHICAD 24 SPA
Windows 10

Lingwisyer
Virtuoso

Hi all, well, who ever has access to the forum backend,

Since the Forum Related Issues sub is gone, I will put this here...

EDIT 2: Found the buried What's New sub (inconsistent title) with Gordana's posts, but given the other things in there, it looks confused as well... There is also no option to move my own thread? Though it doe not really belong there either...

What is the difference between the "Design => GDL" and "Developer => GDL".

There is also "Design => Library" and "Developer => Library" though I guess that could be differentiated by queries regarding the default libraries and custom libraries.

EDIT: Ok... since posting this, I have realised that the Label List on the right side of each sub-forum is generated by the user assigned labels / tags on threads... This explains the duplication of labels between sub-forums and points to an issue that will most likely create confusion, more so since each sub no longer has a description below it regarding it's content and threads can be created without ever setting foot in them.

Are there label tiers? Is the label input when writing a post smart? Labels should probably be listed together with each post on the threads list.

tags.jpg

Ling. 

ps. Any chance we can get the Post Preview function back? Preview is at the top right of text box as pointed out by Vistasp

pss. Does regional spelling make a difference with labels? ie. Not English (US)

These should also be moderated before they are added to keep them relevant and to prevent pollution.

AC18-23 AUS 7000

Must admit I liked the obvious structure of the old forum. I guess we are all going to have to adapt to the new structure and how to find and follow key issues.

Apple iMac macOS Big Sur / AC24UKI (most recent builds)

Yes, a little clarity on labels would be good.

Post preview is on the top right of the textbox, @Lingwisyer (woo-hoo, we can tag people now)

Clipboarder.2021.09.02.png

= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-25 INT | Win10 | Ryzen 2600 | 16 GB | GTX 1150Ti |

gavinNZz
Beginner

Why does Graphisoft think that it can do everything itself without consultation with its users? All the users of the Architalk forum are probably users of other forum platforms and know what the pro and cons of forums are. Why was there no consultation as to which would be the best forum platform to migrate to? Platforms like Discord have already gone through all these issues and created a platform that works for forum users. Why does Graphisoft think it can do a better job on its own? Clearly it can't if we are going by the replies in this Forum. These are not petty little issues being made by Mr Grumpy, Some of these issues are actually good features of the Architalk platform that have been removed! Seriously!

Don't get me wrong I am pleased that Graphisoft is finally working at improving the communication with its users, it is a good thing. BUT it seems that the whole process has been undertaken with the same ethos that Graphisoft has had for the last 2 decades in so much as it is just doing what it thinks is best without engaging with its users and working together towards a common goal.

If this Forum isn't fixed to align with users requirements you will find that engagement will drop as users find other avenues/forums to communicate on.

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!