Our Community
Ask questions about this community, the platform, and any technical questions.

We want your feedback!

Gordana Radonic
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello everyone! 

We are happy you joined our Graphisoft Community!

Bearing in mind that we freshly launched this platform, your feedback is crucial to keep improving our community.

Would you please share your impressions, comments, suggestions?

Gordana Radonić

Community Manager

134 REPLIES 134

@SeRohde Agree.  This is in part a result of the migration process apparently ... and the default CSS/HTML for signatures.

If you edit your signature from your profile... you can place the content between <small> and </small> tags to at least make the font smaller, which makes it stand out less.  Any HTML tags can be used there.

A global change to signature appearance would be helpful, though, as so many users will either not edit their signatures... or will not migrate to this platform, leaving their signatures as they last appeared on the old forum platform.  Hoping that @Gordana Radonic and team might be able to do that.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
gavinNZz
Advocate

Why does Graphisoft think that it can do everything itself without consultation with its users? All the users of the Architalk forum are probably users of other forum platforms and know what the pro and cons of forums are. Why was there no consultation as to which would be the best forum platform to migrate to? Platforms like Discord have already gone through all these issues and created a platform that works for forum users. Why does Graphisoft think it can do a better job on its own? Clearly it can't if we are going by the replies in this Forum. These are not petty little issues being made by Mr Grumpy, Some of these issues are actually good features of the Architalk platform that have been removed! Seriously!

Don't get me wrong I am pleased that Graphisoft is finally working at improving the communication with its users, it is a good thing. BUT it seems that the whole process has been undertaken with the same ethos that Graphisoft has had for the last 2 decades in so much as it is just doing what it thinks is best without engaging with its users and working together towards a common goal.

If this Forum isn't fixed to align with users requirements you will find that engagement will drop as users find other avenues/forums to communicate on.

Planworks Ltd
Residential Designer based in Tauranga, NZ
Archicad v9+
VR enthusiast.
Always wants more!

@runxel wrote:

There is no visual clue, If I have already "liked" a post.

By accident I just unliked one...

The icon doesn't change, but if you go to press it again it will ask if you want to remove your 'like'.

You can also press the number of likes to see who has done it..

like_post.jpg

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Sorry Thomas,

I appear to have deleted one of your posts.

It was showing twice so I thought I would clean up and delete one of them.

However both seem to be gone.

I am still learning as a Moderator what all the new functions are.

Fortunately I have an e-mail of it - so here it is.

@Thomas Holm wrote:

This badge system is a silly joke. Don't you guys have some useful work to do? I guess we'd like to know who's employed by Graphisoft, who's an admin, and who's a moderator. We others are simply The Rest!

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Though by the time you see that message, you have probably already clicked it...

The Who Liked This Thread is also a new page link rather than a floating window / popup / expanding window so if you forget to "open in new tab" you may lose your spot in your current thread. Back to spamming Load More Replies...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

I get an Invalid HTML error when I try to add the tags...

@Lingwisyer Can you paste the HTML here or send me a PM with it so I can check it?  I wonder if the signature only allows a subset of HTML...

AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Was just trying at add <small> </small> as per your suggestion...

@gavinNZz wrote:

Why does Graphisoft think it can do a better job on its own?

You'll see the branding at the bottom of each page ... that this site is "Powered by Khoros".  Graphisoft has not developed any of this software, but it is highly customizable and hopefully a lot of the currently frustrating aspects of the new interface can be addressed.  Please keep giving specific things for them to improve... and if the things that annoy you are already listed in other posts, please click "Like" for those posts.

Yikes.  We'll have to have @Gordana Radonic look at this... perhaps HTML signatures are not enabled for non-moderators.