Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We want your feedback!

Gordana
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello everyone! 

We are happy you joined our Graphisoft Community!

Bearing in mind that we freshly launched this platform, your feedback is crucial to keep improving our community.

Would you please share your impressions, comments, suggestions?

Community Manager
GRAPHISOFT

133 REPLIES 133

That was quite an old post from 2009.

Those images may have been links to external sources that are no longer available.

I have noticed that migrated post with embedded images now just show a link where you can preview or download (open) the image.

We have asked what has happened here and if it can be fixed.

Images can be embedded in new posts quite easily and these do show in the post.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 25
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Dell Precision 3510 - i7 6820HQ @ 2.70GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro W5130M, Windows 10

I just checked the HTML code for that post... and the external images were from a photobucket account ... which apparently does not exist any longer.  The images were not part of the forum image database.

One of the forum moderators   •   AC 25 USA and earlier   •   MacOS 11.6, iMac Pro

runxel
Mentor

Also, I have to re-login everytime I visit the forum. 😕

Are your cookies broken? Maybe please set a longer Expiration Date.

AC 24 [ger] | Win 10 | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

me too 😢

ARCHICAD 13 - 24 | Twin 2016 - 2018 V2 | Twin 2019 - 2021 | Win10 64-Bit, 3,4 Ghz Intel Core i7, 32 GB | 13" MacbookPro, 3,1 Ghz Intel Core i7, 16 GB

http://www.conmes.de

Gordana
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, We've changed this setting to allow longer visit time. Can you please let me know if you still experience the same?

Thanks for reporting!

Community Manager
GRAPHISOFT

I just tried and at least now closing the forum tab and reentering doesn´t prompt a new login as happended before, so it seems to be working.

ARCHICAD 24 SPA
Windows 10

Thanks Gordana!

Which cookie is it? "LithiumUserInfo"?

Because that one.... is set to one day now. 🤔

The others are set to one week. Both not really a great improvement.

Okay, so following my last post indeed the prolonged cookie ist set to 24 hours. I was just greeted by the login page again today.

This ain't no fun : (

Still having to log in multiple times per day. 

eduardo rolón AIA NCARB
Another of the forum moderators.
Macbook Pro 2.4 i9 32GB ram
OS X 10.XX latest
AC25 US/INT -> AC08

furtonb
Enthusiast

What about putting a side bar to the side for long threads?

Rhino Discourse (to the right):

furtonb_0-1630565674122.png

The new GS community:

furtonb_1-1630565730679.png

I have no sense where I am in a thread, and this infinite page without any reference is not so optimal for reading... Also, the "Load more replies" at the bottom of the page could be removed to have an infinite thread until the end.

actively using: AC22-25 INT | Rhino6-7 | macOS / win10

Yes I'm missing that one, too.

Sad that GS didn't choose Discourse, which I still think is the Gold Standard in forum software as of today.

https://www.discourse.org

Todd Oeftger
Ligature Studio

AC23 and AC24 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)

Gordana
Community Manager
Community Manager

It's a cool idea! I see from other posts as well that we need to improve the preview of long threads. Thanks for sharing!

Community Manager
GRAPHISOFT

Mats_Knutsson
Enthusiast

Is it possible to see only the thread headers? 

AC 24 SWE Full
HPZbook 32GB i7 7820HQ 2,9 GHz
Quadro M2200 2GB

Yes please!!! My mouse wheel would apreciate it 😃

ARCHICAD 24 SPA
Windows 10

Hi Mats! nice to see you here 🙂 

That's another good idea for long threads that we definitely need to improve, thanks for sharing!

Community Manager
GRAPHISOFT

https://www.discourse.org

Some one suggested this and I went to look at it and it feels easy and comfortable. I have never used Discourse, but it felt very natural and helpful. Is Graphisoft re-inventing the "wheel" on forums?

Todd Oeftger
Ligature Studio

AC23 and AC24 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)

They just decided to go with Khoros instead. Someone posted a link to their community forum and it is dismal...

AC18-23 AUS 7000
Self-taught, bend it till it breaks.
Win10 | E5620 x 2 | 24GB | K2200

DGSketcher
Mentor

I am used to having the thread displaying oldest to newest, is there a quick way to get to the end of a long thread?

Apple iMac macOS Big Sur / AC24UKI (most recent builds)

@DGSketcher wrote:

I am used to having the thread displaying oldest to newest, is there a quick way to get to the end of a long thread?

Only by scrolling!

You can set the number of posts you see in a list before you get the NEXT page option.

It seems worse than the old forum because it is not as wide, so you seem to be forever scrolling long posts.

The other problem is you may not want to scroll to the end, depending on how you have set your preferences.

You can have threaded (which is default) so new replies may appear in the middle of a thread and not at the end - even when sorted in date order.

Or you can have it show as a list in which case date order will work, but you will lose the flow of the thread unless people "quote" the post they are replying to - that is like the old forum.

I like the threaded option, but must admit i am struggling to find the new replies.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 25
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Dell Precision 3510 - i7 6820HQ @ 2.70GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro W5130M, Windows 10

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!