Our Community
Ask questions about this community, the platform, and any technical questions.

We want your feedback!

Gordana Radonic
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello everyone! 

We are happy you joined our Graphisoft Community!

Bearing in mind that we freshly launched this platform, your feedback is crucial to keep improving our community.

Would you please share your impressions, comments, suggestions?

Gordana Radonić

Community Manager

134 REPLIES 134

@Stress Co_ wrote:

You have to set your forum preferences to "Mark post as read- Automatically, when I log off".

So long as you are happy that any unread posts will be marked as read when you log off.

And note you will be logged off after a short period of inactivity (that is being worked on to extend it).

Best (I think) is to have post marked as read "When I read Them".

You can always go to the main options button (3 little dots) on the forum page and "mark all posts as read' if you need to.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor

More condensed. Collapse/flat threads. More focus on the subject. More clear visuals to identify posts. Less white "empty space".

AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.

I'm not sure how the User Level after our name is being assigned, but it seems like 18 years and more than 1,500 posts should rate better than "Newcomer". You guys are really tough! 😉

EDIT: I just see I've now moved up to "Participant". Woohoo!

Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
4hotshoes
Advisor

Is there any way to lock the page header to the top of the screen as we scroll? It might help with navigation, especially if at the bottom of a long thread. And then we could jump to the next subject easier. There seems to be no way to navigate the page other than the scroll wheel.

Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 4.23.24 PM.png

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)

@Richard Morrison It seems to update each time you log in (once a day?). I have less posts and have been through numerous titles. I was an Expert! Now I seems to have stabilised as an "Advisor". 🤓

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

@4hotshoes On your keyboard the [Home] and [End] keys work which I find helps.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Eduardo Rolon

Also CMD+Up Arrow or Down Arrow if your keyboard doesn't have Home and End keys.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

@Barry Kelly wrote:

@Stress Co_ wrote:

You have to set your forum preferences to "Mark post as read- Automatically, when I log off".

So long as you are happy that any unread posts will be marked as read when you log off.

And note you will be logged off after a short period of inactivity (that is being worked on to extend it).

Best (I think) is to have post marked as read "When I read Them".

You can always go to the main options button (3 little dots) on the forum page and "mark all posts as read' if you need to.

Barry.

They only issue I have with that, is having to open each of the 6 forums to "mark all post as read".  It's too bad that option doesn't exist in the "Hot Topics" - "Most Recent" list.  

Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
DGSketcher
Legend

So a long thread I used to follow pops up in the new posts notification. I change the thread to show newest to oldest. BUT because the actual new post is nested it can appear several pages in. It would really help when clicking on the thread notification it went to the actual new post. This should apply to every new post. Unfortunately, I think a number of possibly important posts could be missed without this change as other nested posts made at a similar time in the same thread will be missed. A common example would be a popular topic that resurfaces and then several new opinions are given nested posts scattered through the thread.

I feel your pain.

A solution is hopefully being worked on.

I am not sure how long it might take to implement though.

You should see an orange vertical line to the side of the new post as you scan through the thread.

The threaded posts are nice, but you are right.

A reply could be anywhere in the thread.

You can list as un-threaded and then in date order, but you lose the continuity of the thread.

It is a bit of a 'catch 22' at the moment.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11