Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We want your feedback!

Gordana
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello everyone! 

We are happy you joined our Graphisoft Community!

Bearing in mind that we freshly launched this platform, your feedback is crucial to keep improving our community.

Would you please share your impressions, comments, suggestions?

Community Manager
GRAPHISOFT

133 REPLIES 133

Nuge
Booster

Is it possible to view unread posts only ,    currently its difficult to keep track of all of the content

AC25 i9 11900K / 128G ram / GTX 3090 / Enscape

Threads that you have read have a medium grey title rather than the default dark blue. Given the new forum, all of the migrated threads are by default unread. If you want you can click on the Options tab on the top right of the threads list and "Mark all as Read". This does not carry to the sub-forum headers on the home page...

Or, are you looking for a "New Posts" function which will show you all new posts since your last visit regardless of sub-forum?

Ling.

AC18-23 AUS 7000
Self-taught, bend it till it breaks.
Win10 | E5620 x 2 | 24GB | K2200

Ling

I am  looking for a "New Posts" function which will show you all new posts since your last visit regardless of sub-forum.  the new setup is very confusing and hard to manage

AC25 i9 11900K / 128G ram / GTX 3090 / Enscape

You can see the new posts by clicking on Graphisoft Community in the page top left. You should then see Hot Topics and options for listing including Most Recent.

Apple iMac macOS Big Sur / AC24UKI (most recent builds)

It seems like this topic is not shown in the Hot topics section of the main page.Is it that way by design?

ARCHICAD 24 SPA
Windows 10

If you sort by 'Most Recent' it should be there (and you preferences are set for 'Newest to Oldest') - it is for me.

May not show with 'Most Viewed' or 'Most Commented' because some old posts may outrank it in those departments.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 25
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Dell Precision 3510 - i7 6820HQ @ 2.70GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro W5130M, Windows 10

I don´t think I´ve changed anything, but this is how it looks to me now:

Jp1138_0-1630574774277.png

It seems to be showing newest to oldest 🤔

ARCHICAD 24 SPA
Windows 10

Try hitting the browser refresh button.

This should re-organise the list.

Otherwise it may be showing as new (darker heading text) but may be further down the list.

Barry

Versions 6.5 to 25
Dell Precision 3510 - i7 6820HQ @ 2.70GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro W5130M, Windows 10

Ok, I see now that I´m getting the list in order of the first post, not the last answer to the topic. Do I have to change that behaviour somewhere?

ARCHICAD 24 SPA
Windows 10

Ok, I see that the default is Original posting date. Changing it to Time of most recent post solved it.I think this last should be the default behaviuor 🤔

Jp1138_0-1630588226259.png

ARCHICAD 24 SPA
Windows 10

Nuge:

You have to set your forum preferences to "Mark post as read- Automatically, when I log off".  Then, when you sign back in, the "Hot Topics-Most Recent" list will show the new post with the Dark type & old (read) posts as greyed out, as Ling said above.

See:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/What-s-new/Forum-related-Questions-Mimic-Old-forum-s-quot-New-po...

Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.14.6 (Mojave)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB
ArchiCAD 24 (3022 USA Full)

@Stress Co_ wrote:

You have to set your forum preferences to "Mark post as read- Automatically, when I log off".

So long as you are happy that any unread posts will be marked as read when you log off.

And note you will be logged off after a short period of inactivity (that is being worked on to extend it).

Best (I think) is to have post marked as read "When I read Them".

You can always go to the main options button (3 little dots) on the forum page and "mark all posts as read' if you need to.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 25

@Barry Kelly wrote:

@Stress Co_ wrote:

You have to set your forum preferences to "Mark post as read- Automatically, when I log off".

So long as you are happy that any unread posts will be marked as read when you log off.

And note you will be logged off after a short period of inactivity (that is being worked on to extend it).

Best (I think) is to have post marked as read "When I read Them".

You can always go to the main options button (3 little dots) on the forum page and "mark all posts as read' if you need to.

Barry.

They only issue I have with that, is having to open each of the 6 forums to "mark all post as read".  It's too bad that option doesn't exist in the "Hot Topics" - "Most Recent" list.  

Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.14.6 (Mojave)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB
ArchiCAD 24 (3022 USA Full)

runxel
Mentor

Please let us have a dark mode!

AC 24 [ger] | Win 10 | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

Lingwisyer
Virtuoso

Hi Gordana, or whoever has access to the forum backend,

Within the old Archicad-Talk forum, it was a common occurrence for people to attach images to posts and not put them inline, especially for shorter posts. This worked out fine since a decent sized preview was shown for image attachments. With the new forum, this is no longer the case and each image is needed to be opened individually. Would it be possible to make all image attachments in these threads be inline at the bottom of their relevant posts for clarity and legibility. I am assuming that this is not an inbuilt forum function and to do so would require some sort of automation to be a viable venture.

Ling.

legacy / images / attachments

AC18-23 AUS 7000

Hi Ling, 

I see your point. We are sorting all the feedback, there are lots of questions at the moment, so I will get back to you with the answer soon. Thanks for explaining it well and for your patience.

Community Manager
GRAPHISOFT

Lingwisyer
Virtuoso

Whoever has access to the forum backend,

There needs to be an option to collapse code windows, or limit their visible line count and add a vertical scroll. Changing the background colour of these code windows would also help legibility, though that maybe beyond the forum engine...

AC18-23 AUS 7000

furtonb
Enthusiast

Is it possible, that some images that were embedded in posts got lost?

Example here (first post):

furtonb_0-1630564428275.png

actively using: AC22-25 INT | Rhino6-7 | macOS / win10

Yeah, definitely.

I came across so many of them just yesterday 😞

AC 24 [ger] | Win 10 | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions