Our Community
Ask questions about this community, the platform, and any technical questions.

Welcome to the new Graphisoft Community!

Gordana Radonic
Community Manager
Community Manager
We would like to welcome you to our new community!
We hope this is going to be your first stop for information, questions and conversations about all Graphisoft products. It merges the content from what was previously the Archicad Talk forum with our Knowledgebase articles.

If you were previously active on Archicad Talk, we hope you’ll also be active here! When you sign in, you’ll be offered the option to migrate all of your previous content to your new account on this site.
For detailed steps, please read the Migration Guide.

Whether you are an experienced user looking for a technical article or with a challenging issue to ask fellow users about or are new to Archicad and have questions about learning, please join the conversation here and share your knowledge helping others.

The Community is a self-directed resource for you to find the information that you need and typically, answers to questions come from fellow users. While Graphisoft employees do participate here as well at times, if you have an urgent issue, please do contact your local technical support if you cannot find your answer here.

To check for most commonly asked questions, please read our FAQ thread.

Explore the site and join the conversation!

Your Community Team:

László Nagy, Lead Moderator
Barry Kelly, Moderator

Karl Ottenstein, Moderator

Eduardo Rolón, Moderator

Minh Nguyen, Moderator

Noémi Balogh, Community Administrator

Gordana Radonić, Community Manager

Gordana Radonić

Community Manager

14 REPLIES 14

This is so frustrating. I can't find any of the old discussions I was a part of. Why the need to get rid of the structured list of topics for bulleted posts?

It's like the 2020 BIMx app, it "reverted" to a less usable version.

Can someone please, please explain how to get to the old topics? Or just a list of topics in general?

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
DGSketcher
Legend

@Rex Maximilian This may help... Go to the community home page [Click top left], click in the search box and just hit [Return] this will take you to the advanced search where you can enter search values and also filter by author etc

Try this LINK 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Thank you for your quick reply @DGSketcher I've actually gone through the search processes with undesired results (meaning the post I'm searching for doesn't show up, or too many do), but I did see a lot of them. If we have to memorize search criteria every time we want to revisit a post, then that would be difficult to always do.

I also like perusing many topics that I didn't comment in, but that won't show up in a search of my activity. Many topics I simply followed.

What I would like is a streamlined list like Archicad-Talk had. I think everyone would like an interface that a standard forum has. A list of topics in categories and subcategories for logical and efficient navigation. What they've done is make it pretty, for marketing's-sake or website awards maybe? But it is severely handicapped.

I'm a founding member of the Archicad-Talk forum since its inception. I've seen it change and modify for the better over the years. I've never seen it regress so much.

Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx

Regarding your need to follow different topics. There are two ways to do this - both of them a bit awkward and hard to find in the functionality mess of the platform.

Bookmark. Is done through the post option menu and accessed through your profile. 

thesleepofreason_0-1633367146137.png

thesleepofreason_1-1633367203757.png

Floating (pinning). Is done through the topic option menu and accessed at the respective forum page.

thesleepofreason_2-1633367288679.png

thesleepofreason_3-1633367345716.png

@Gordana Radonic I think what all of us would like to see is simple. Add an option, even at the end, to view ALL topics; as we could in the past, with a minimal single- or double-lined category and then topic listing for fast and efficient exploration and navigation around the forum. It worked great before. The options this new site offer are good too, but there was no reason to eliminate the old way, at least as an option. (See below)Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 1.30.58 PM.jpg

Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx