General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.
SOLVED!

split face on exterior

palmfikret
Contributor

Why is there no split face feature in Archicad? If it has a split face feature, as in the Revit program, it provides great convenience in exterior modeling.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution

before you do this method make sure you plan ahead and know what you want to achieve.

ryejuan_1-1641432293638.png

1. open your complex profile manager.

2. use fills to configure the design or pattern of your wall.

3. you will use fills as the wall. if you have set building materials for your wall you have more control over it.

4. you can override materials here if you haven't set any building materials for your wall.

5. rename and save the complex profile so later on you can reconfigure easily.

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly

I have no idea how Revit works, but you could convert that wall to a morph and then add edges/surface that you can control independently.

Of course it will no longer be a 'wall'.

Of simply add a separate thin wall, beam, slab or morph in front of the wall.

You could also split that front wall into 3 sections.

The centre section you could use a complex profile wall that would allow you to have the different surface in the middle.

You can even add 'modifiers' to allow you to stretch the height/thickness of that centre surface.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

that means wasting extra time. this is not the easy way

ryejuan
Advisor

i understand what you mean in terms of controlling the material surface and vectors in revit but it works differently in Archicad i think its more like planning what you want to do with the wall face. eg. you can do complex profiles to do multiple tones of walls. image shown below.

ryejuan_0-1641272075767.png

in plan it will still look like this.

ryejuan_1-1641272125845.png

ArchiCAD 9 onwards
palmfikret
Contributor

How do we do this

Solution

before you do this method make sure you plan ahead and know what you want to achieve.

ryejuan_1-1641432293638.png

1. open your complex profile manager.

2. use fills to configure the design or pattern of your wall.

3. you will use fills as the wall. if you have set building materials for your wall you have more control over it.

4. you can override materials here if you haven't set any building materials for your wall.

5. rename and save the complex profile so later on you can reconfigure easily.

ArchiCAD 9 onwards