Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

2-Way Referencing Detail Markers/Labels

Andy Thomson
Advisor
From the Old Salt department in our office has come this request: details that not only carry their number/ID - but also refer 'backwards' as it were - to what section view and page their source view can be found on.

I know the possibility is there - just think about it:

A Label with 'Detail Name, Detail Number/ID and <PmShNo> - so that people can trace these puppies backwards in the field - this would be a very rich yet simple addition.

(that'd be 'worth the price tag on the software' the principal said)

A.
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
12 REPLIES 12
s2art wrote:
Back referencing of details is standard practice here in NZ (and England too, from memory). If a detail can be referenced from more than one source, you refer to the first instance.
Interesting. How is this shown graphically?
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Anonymous
Not applicable
James, do you mean this?

e.g.
If I have a Section on drawing 03, which references detail 5 on drawing 10, the detail marker on the section reads 5/10, the marker on the detail itself will read 5/03, meaning "this is detail 5, it is referenced from dwg 03". As I mentioned, if there are multiple references to one detail you can just reference to the first occurrence.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes - we have the same issues!!
The addition of the automatic detail marker is fantastic as well as the title types in plotmaker!

Currently we create a different tiltle type for each page we wish to reference back to, as the standard title type only references the page that the drawing is on rather than the page it came from (which is esential)