BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

2D Section Content Anchored to Model

Sols
Newcomer
When a section line is moved in plan, ArchiCAD should give the option to move 2D content within the section as well or have it remain anchored in the one position. (Anchor to section origin vs anchor to project origin) The ability to identify a "section origin" to which all 2D elements within that window can be anchored would eliminate the need to re-position complex drafting overlay info everytime a piece of the building moves.

I recognise this is rather tricky if a section is rotated as opposed to just being dragged sideways, but even if the option was only available when a section was dragged then that would be better than nothing. That is, if a section was dragged but stayed in the same orientation, ArchiCAD could move all 2D elements sideways by the corresponding X offset of the section line.
Andrew Solomon
Solid Architecture
AC12, 2675 AUS full Intel Core 2 Quad, 2.83 GHz, 4GB RAM, Vista Business 64bit sp2, ATI Radeon 4870 1MB
3 REPLIES 3
Djordje
Ace
Sols wrote:
When a section line is moved in plan, ArchiCAD should give the option to move 2D content within the section as well or have it remain anchored in the one position.
While this might be convenient, I prefer to mirror the 2D contents myself - at least, I do have the origin for reference, and it stays where it is!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Sols
Newcomer
That would be why it should be offered as an option - much the same as the dialogue box you get when pasting from one section to the other asking whether to paste into original position or not.
My reason for suggesting this is based on situations I have had where there have been wings or blocks within a larger floor plan (unsuitable for modules) and one had to move. All the sections, elevations and room detail elevations associated with the wing had to be opened individually to reposition the 2D overlay info - VERY tedious.
Andrew Solomon
Solid Architecture
AC12, 2675 AUS full Intel Core 2 Quad, 2.83 GHz, 4GB RAM, Vista Business 64bit sp2, ATI Radeon 4870 1MB
Djordje
Ace
Sols wrote:
All the sections, elevations and room detail elevations associated with the wing had to be opened individually to reposition the 2D overlay info - VERY tedious.
That is why we should have as little 2D as possible ...

On thing that REALLY pi**es me off is the Construction grid. It IS used in elevations! SECTIONS!!! Not only plans!!! Copy paste move mirror rotate marquee stretch adjust arrgh ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!