Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

2d wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
Like the option for objects, need an option for walls to turn off 3d. I can think of a number of reasons for this but one is foundation plans. You don't want 3d, you don't want to mess around with fill. When the size changes, it is just one click. If it is fill, or lines it takes a lot more time.
11 REPLIES 11
Barry Kelly
frankyvero wrote:
True. Until you change layer sets. Then you start the wheels turning, just for a simple task. Who's on first, what's on 2nd.
Every layer combination can have different Intersection Priority Number for each layer.
So in one combination you turn on the foundation layer with an IPN different to the other wall layers so they do not intersect.
In other layer combinations if you do not want to see the foundation walls then you turn off the layer (still with a different IPN).
If you happen to want the foundation walls to interact with other walls, then just set the IPN the same for those wall layers and save that as a new layer combination.

It sounds like you just need a plan layer combination that shows the foundation wall layer and all section, elevation, 3D and other plan layer combinations (basically all other layer combinations) to hide the foundation wall layer.
The foundation layer should have an IPN different to any of your other wall layers in ALL of the layer combinations so they never interact with anything else.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
frankyvero wrote:
Like the option for objects, need an option for walls to turn off 3d. I can think of a number of reasons for this but one is foundation plans. You don't want 3d, you don't want to mess around with fill. When the size changes, it is just one click. If it is fill, or lines it takes a lot more time.
I know exactly what you mean and I would find that useful too. Stacking drawings in a Layout is how it can also be done. But there are times when just simple and fast 2D work is more efficient. Sometimes we need to quickly edit drawings that are from another program. Lot's of reasons to have a full set of 2D tools.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25