BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

3 simple wishes!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wish archicad had a different icon of .PLN and .BPN project, because sometimes I open a .BPN archive instead of .PLN

I wish ArchiCAD named spaces on the Section view by the name of the zone automatically.
I wish it had an automatic interior dimension toll on the section/elevation tool, also.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I wish archicad had a different icon of .PLN and .BPN project, because sometimes I open a .BPN archive instead of .PLN
I can see where this would be a good idea, however I have not had this particular problem.
I wish ArchiCAD named spaces on the Section view by the name of the zone automatically.
This would be a great idea, if linked to a display option to show the zone names in section vs. plan view. I could foresee sometimes wanting the zones to show in the section but perhaps not plan or vice versa.
I wish it had an automatic interior dimension toll on the section/elevation tool, also.
I'm not sure about the use of this tool. Do you mean automatic like the auto dimensions on the plan? If so this is one I could live without. I never liked the auto dimension tool and preferred to place the dimensions myself. There was always so much cleanup from the auto setup that I never got much benefit.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Millard wrote:
I can see where this would be a good idea, however I have not had this particular problem.
I think this is a good idea. (It has been wished before.) Perhaps just a big black BAK on the file icon would do the trick.
This would be a great idea, if linked to a display option to show the zone names in section vs. plan view. I could foresee sometimes wanting the zones to show in the section but perhaps not plan or vice versa.
I think this may also have been wished already - or maybe I have just been wanting it so myself that I have just imagined that it was. In either case it is something I would love to see. It would also, of necessity, have to:

1. Allow GDL to draw true 2D text in Section. It would be nice to also extend this capability to Details and 3D.

2. Know which direction the viewer is relative to the scene.

3. Provide dynamic hotspots so the title location can be adjusted.

Of course it will have to keep track of these things separately for each of the many sections that may cut through each zone. I suspect this would be, as programmers say, not trivial.
I'm not sure about the use of this tool. Do you mean automatic like the auto dimensions on the plan? If so this is one I could live without. I never liked the auto dimension tool and preferred to place the dimensions myself. There was always so much cleanup from the auto setup that I never got much benefit.
I am also not too big on auto-dimensioning. The main use I have had for it is to quickly put lots of lines on paper for an imminent meeting.
Learn and get certified!