BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

3D detail tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
The appearance of worksheets in AC11 got me exited for just a moment that maybe walls, columns, beams etc. would work in a worksheet view. But no. The worksheet tool is also 2D, just like the detail tool.
For me, that is ...well, disappointing....

I would like to be able to have a detail that is 3D, so i could section it, view it in the 3D window and have it within my project file. Because at the moment, i have to have a different file for every detail i need, especially if they have to be in different scale.

Just to clarify, i'm referring to details such as benches, pergolas, fountains etc. (i'm a landscape architect btw.)
2 REPLIES 2
Erika Epstein
Booster
Mellissa,
Is there a reason you can't save your 3D details all in one master file? Each view is saved with its set layers and scale.
I also dedicate each story to a different kind of detail. I arrange them similarly to the building with foundation details on story -1, grade level details at 1 and so on up until roof details at the highest story.

I have different master detail files for different construction types i.e. commercial, residential etc.

Then you can copy and paste details from the master file for into a project or save a copy of the appropriate detail master file to your project and for project specific editing. You can show these details from outside files in your layout book.

If you do a search, you'll find many discussions on the pros and cons of these and other methods for detail management.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, i must admit i have never considered the possibilities of different scales in views. How i overlooked something that obvious i can't say.

But, still think it would be nice, though. Probably too complicated...

Thank you for the feedback.
Learn and get certified!