Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

90 degrees rotation button or shortcut

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to speed up design.
20 REPLIES 20
Dwight
Newcomer
I can go for that.
But, tell me, step-by-step exactly HOW you are rotating 90 degrees. There's an OldtymerTrik™ for rotating.....
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
BernardoGrasselli wrote:
Just to speed up design.
And if you need to -90 degrees? This is three times of 90?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am sure they could come up with a Counter clockwise button as well, but
I would be happy with a simple shortcut like 90=Ctr+9 and -90=Shift+9.
Dwight
Newcomer
And would you always have it spin from the center?
Dwight Atkinson
Erich
Contributor
I could see this working...Give the shortcut command for either 90 or -90, then click a single point for the center of rotation. This would be a little faster than the current system for simple 90 rotations that probably comprise most of the rotate commands used.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep. The fewer movements I have to input the better.
The center would work just fine
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erich, you had a great idea!
Anonymous
Not applicable
You've been looking at Revit again haven't you!

This is actually a really nice feature in Revit - they use the space bar to rotate objects around whilst simultaneously moving it. The space bar also flicks walls over to the other side of the reference line, again while drawing.

This is a link to a 15 minute Revit video that shows both examples - http://revitrocks.blogspot.com/2008/09/revit-house-modeled-10-minutes.html

Skip to 07.00 for rotating objects, and 05.50 for flipping walls.

Simple thing like this are really useful and probably save a lot of time. Something similar would be great in ArchiCAD! How about using the L+R arrow keys to specify the direction of rotation mid command?

In fact, why not make the arrow keys rotate an object about its centrepoint anyway? How many people really use the arrow keys to scroll in a window?!
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Peter wrote:
The space bar also flicks walls over to the other side of the reference line, again while drawing.
This can be done in ArchiCAD if you have a hot key assigned to the Action "Switch Construction Methods" (assigned in the Work Environment under Keyboard Shortcuts). Hitting the hot key will cycle through the reference line options of the wall (left, center, right) as the wall is being drawn.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14