Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

A Better Wishlist (... i.e one that works)

owen
Newcomer
So the current ArchiCAD wish system (these forums) is a total shambles. There are duplicate wishes everywhere, mainly due to the difficulty in finding existing wishes. There is no means of tracking wishes - when it was first lodged, if it is fulfilled, open, etc. No means of sorting wishes - popularity, open, closed, date, etc

I actually cannot blame Graphisoft too much for failing time after time to address some pretty basic wishes because the wishlists are in such a mess nobody can reasonably be expected to find anything.

So we need a new wishlist system for ArchiCAD. It probably needs to be much more managed than the current free-for-all forum approach, by which i mean wishes probably need to be submitted and then entered into some sort of a database by mods - a process which should filter out the duplicate wishes, etc. If this sounds like too much work, then maybe there are not enough mods.

There are probably many other ways of doing it than i suggested but the system we have now is IMO totally broken and just wastes everyones time.

So the wish is we need a new, accountable wish list system.

What exactly that entails...
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
3 REPLIES 3
sityu
Booster
owen,

I totally agree.

I started a topic about this problem last fall (I wrote some concrete suggestions.). Unfortunately nothing happened.

I think a complete change is needed in the manner of gshq about the possibilities, the role and the importance of web. And this needs a brand new web strategy, also. I know, it costs money and needs human resources; but I think it's not the thing to save money (before it gets too late).
Talmácsi, István, architect (AC user since 1997, ac4.5 - now: ac18)
owen
Newcomer
sityu wrote:
I started a topic about this problem last fall (I wrote some concrete suggestions.). Unfortunately nothing happened.
Unfortunately i think everyone is so jaded with Graphisofts attitude towards these forums they cannot be bothered talking about the issues anymore.

Well at least i hope that is the reason .. and not that people don't think this issue is important.
sityu wrote:
I think a complete change is needed in the manner of gshq about the possibilities, the role and the importance of web. And this needs a brand new web strategy, also. I know, it costs money and needs human resources; but I think it's not the thing to save money (before it gets too late).
IMO official forums are one of the most important customer feedback resources available to software developers today. Graphisofts on-the-ground representation seems to be really terrible in many parts of the world. Who knows if this is a resourcing issue or just bad choices (like having exclusive resellers in certain countries). But really developing a strong online presence and making use of it (e.g a proper wish-list system like AUGI has) would do wonders for Graphisoft. Its just a wasted opportunity at the moment. Unless Graphisoft deems your firm worthy of being listened to (in the form of direct contacts) then you may as well be shouting into the wind with their current online representation.

If anyone disagrees would they care to point out any wishes/suggestions made on these forums which resulted in new features within a reasonable timeframe? (i.e not 4+ years old when it was implemented).

I'm sure a company the size of Graphisoft can afford to hire a few people who's full-time job is running their online presence and online customer relations, including managing the official forums and a wishlist system. Thats their full-time job - and only job.

Not unreasonable given the number of users we are talking about, and if they cannot afford it then well i think we have a much larger problem as Graphisoft is clearly on the rocks financially.
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I totally agree. Many of the wishes I have posted have just dropped into the abyss of this forum and to never see the light of day.

You would think having a FREE product review from the users that have bought and continue to buy upgrades would be welcomed with open arms. Who knows better about what is needed than the users that actually use it!

Just a thought for the Abyss