Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

A GENERAL REQUEST TO GRAPHISOFT

Gerald D Lock
Advocate

A GENERAL REQUEST TO GRAPHISOFT:
Please publish a list of issues being addressed in the next version/hotfix release,
ideally in a separate forum area ("Repair Shop" or something like that)

The forum as it presently funtions appears to be a vast pit into which users dump their woes & wishes.
While there is undoubtedly a significant amount of support & feedback from moderators & other users,
there seems no way of tracking whether each issue has been heard or resolved by
those ultimately in control of the means to fix them (ie. Graphisoft developers)

The process would ideally be a 4-stage one:

1. Post a list of known issues to be resolved & issue a general notification to all registered forum users

2. Receive comments on the post for a limited period (2-4 weeks?)

3. Hold a Poll listing all issues and a high/medium/low 'priority' radio-button for each
(need to use format other than archicad-talk polls, as they seem to be limited to one issue per post)
so that users can vote on those they feel should take priority.

4. Publish the list (not open for comment) and fix the issues in (democratically-determined) order of priority...

Democracy of this kind is just what online forums are good for, so please utilise this medium to truly listen to your existing user-base, and make future development of the software accountable & transparent.

thanks (and users: remember to vote - it's your software)
ArchiCAD 24 (build 5004)

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) Apple M1 Pro 32GB RAM | MacOS 12.0.1

Melbourne, Australia
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This is a good wish, I think.
Just to clarify for myself: this is only about issues and problem in the program, right? This is not about possible future product features.
Just because I don't think GS will comment on any possible future feature.
Which is provident, since so many things and technical factor can influence whether a planned feature can be completed and made well-functioning and bug-free by the time of the planned release date.

P.S.: Gerald, I deleted the identical poll in the other thread. We don't need votes to be divided into two identical polls.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Great idea, for a long time people have been "wishing" things, only for those wishes to get buried in threads. A single area to post wishes and vote on important ones that longtime users have been pushing for would be great.
Gerald D Lock
Advocate
laszlonagy wrote:
Just to clarify for myself: this is only about issues and problem in the program, right? This is not about possible future product features.
Yes, only for existing issues that have been identified by users.
I wouldn't expect to know "what Santa is bringing in next year's Christmas sack" - I very well understand the unreasonable nature of such a request.

I look forward to seeing the next steps in development of this wish into reality
ArchiCAD 24 (build 5004)

Melbourne, Australia
Gerald D Lock
Advocate
A user posted back in 2009 (!) a very similar request to this -
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=29656

Please investigate and implement the Uservoice service that he has suggested - it would be an excellent development in the management not only of user's wishes, but for better forum / knowledge base handling.

http://www.uservoice.com/
ArchiCAD 24 (build 5004)

Melbourne, Australia
Gerald D Lock
Advocate
https://www.uservoice.com/

WINNER CRM Idol 2013

SO CHEAP IT'S RIDICULOUS

Why don't you use this yet???
ArchiCAD 24 (build 5004)