BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

A competent stair tool should be standard in AC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Having a competent/complete/comprehensive stair tool in AC is a non-starter in my opinion. I can't begin to express my frustration in this. To me, it's akin to having to get a 3rd party plug-in to create a wall. I need AC to be a comprehensive solution for me. Not a source of frustration!
13 REPLIES 13
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Join the back of the line please....

Cheers,
Link.
DaveOlufs
Participant
If there's a line of frustrated users... Will Graphisoft resolve these issues... eventually?

Overhead doors are frustrating and I hate to have to buy a 3rd party app just to install a common door type. I'd guess in Hungary, some OH doors are built the same way as in the US... Enough.
Dave Olufs
Just 4 Measure, Ltd

iMac Pro 3.2GHz Quad, 32GB, OSX 10.13.6, AC-5, 6, 6.5, 7, stopped for a few years--started again with 12 thru 17, 18 or 19 didn't work, then 20, 21, now skipped to 23. Started in 1976 hand-drafting ink on mylar...
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Good-I get to vote essential again...and again...and again...
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Anonymous
Not applicable
LINZ wrote:
To me, it's akin to having to get a 3rd party plug-in to create a wall.
Not really, if you think the number of walls and stairs that any given building has.
Still, it would be nice to have all encompassing stair tool.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree graphisoft needs to pay more attention to the primary building objects/tools that are used to make up a typical building. Stairs, doors and windows should be easy to use and custimize with predictable and useful display results in plan, section and elevation. As it stands now, especialy with stairs, creating even simple models that displays correctly for working drawings is nearly impossible. We souldn't have to buy 3rd party add-ons just to get the basic design elements to work. I hope Graphisoft is listening, but I'm not holding out much hope.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here, Just to say I'm in line for this wish.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This changes matured a long time ago. Essential.
alemanda
Advocate
I hope GS is moving toward a stair tool like the cw tool .... I mean I hope that the stair has the flexibility to edit each element (bearing structure, tread and risers or railing), even one by one if necessary, to adapt to every need.
I remember that another Hungarian architectural cad (archline if I'm not wrong) has this option and the stairs modeled in this software are very flexible ...
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks like I am in the queue now.

Perhaps we are not shouting loud enough.

How about this : WE WOULD LIKE A COMPETENT, FLEXIBLE STAIR TOOL INSIDE ARCHICAD...!!
Learn and get certified!