BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

A "Ding" Sound with an Explanation

Gus
Newcomer
We all know that ArchiCAD "ding" sound that we hear every time we click on something (or otherwise try to do something that does not work for one reason or another) "ding." Wouldn't it be great if ArchiCAD told you what exactly wasn't working and why (maybe in some sort of pop-up) instead of giving us just a "ding" sound?! "ding."
For example: When I try to save a hotlink module that I am working on now it does not save "ding." I just get a "ding" sound and then nothing else "ding." Why the heck does it not save? "ding." I'm sure there is a reason "ding," but the only thing that ArchiCAD is telling me is "ding!"
"ding."
It's one of those sounds that is pleasant "ding," but every time I hear it my anxiety level rises another notch "ding," and once I get to 15 "dings" I need to get up and walk away from the computer, because I have no idea why a normal enough thing like "saving a file" is not working "ding."

"ding"
www.michaelgustavson.com Architect NY WI IL
Madison WI
Archicad21 MEP EcoDesSTAR Win10-64-bit
EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down
1 REPLY 1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I haven't been using ARCHICAD sounds in the last 18-19 years. I used them at the beginning but soon I turned them off for good.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!