Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

A roof construction with a flat ceiling af a sloped roof

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like the ability to make a roof (composite) flat on the downside (ceiling) and sloped on the upper side.

Think it is intricately to perform at the moment, when having almost flat roof constructions, and having the need to make both a slab and roof for making this object.
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Try using the Mesh tool for this construction.
Its bottom is flat, its top surface can be shaped to any shape.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
zarmenas
Newcomer
I agree with mallehk - this is a must. I mean flat roof is not something out-of-ordinary, it is a common case allover the world. How hard can it be to make it possible in AC? I know there are workarounds, but that is just an excuse. I keep modeling roofs from slabs, pavements from roofs, stairs from slabs and roofs, and so on - this is not BIM as I see it.

As a thought - maybe the composites could have a 'variable' thickness as an option for some layers in it? Then, if a roof tool would be introduced with a "flat roof" option, some layers of the composite can go with the slope, some with the ceiling and the one with 'variable' thickness just fills the gap in between?

This also give us a lot of other options, as when changing wall/slab/other thickness only the 'variable' part changes (especially with walls with variable thickness). This would look just like 'complex profile' behavior, I believe, just one would not have to make all those profiles.

A bit off topic, but mesh tool should also use complex profiles IMHO. Not talking that it itself should be updated and improved a lot. Modeling terrain is hard work in AC, while in the meantime some other applications has made this process a breeze nearly 10 years ago...