BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

AC 21 - Labels and Classification

alemanda
Advocate
Is it possible for Autotext Label to show only the Classification ID and not also the Classification name?
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
7 REPLIES 7
alemanda
Advocate
I see that it is possible to split ID and name of Classification in the Schedule ...
There should be more consistency through all the options in the program ... I mean FIND&SELECT, AUTOTEXT, SCHEDULING, etc.
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I agree, this is inconsistent and it should give more options.
There should be 3 separate items, both available for Autotext Labels and Schedule Fields:
Classification - ID
Classification - Name
Classification - Description
Then one would be able to display in Labels and Schedules the exact Classification info desired.
I converted this to a wish and placed it into the Wish section, plus created a Poll for it, so we can vote on it and submit it to GRAPHISOFT for consideration.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Professor Pickle
Advocate
The ability to split classification item into the THREE constituent and independent components is really important. It will enable all sorts of really useful workflows. Please see my post/wish about this.

I really hope that more people realise just how powerful this is and vote on this.
Pushing the boundaries of local time/space continuum since 1972.
Archicad 26 | iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) | 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 24 GB | Radeon Pro 580 8 GB | macOS 12.6

Anonymous
Not applicable
LaszloNagy wrote:
I converted this to a wish and placed it into the Wish section, plus created a Poll for it, so we can vote on it and submit it to GRAPHISOFT for consideration.
Did you have a link to this?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This IS the thread.
The Poll is at the top, you can vote in it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

Thank you for raising this wish!

I found out that, in AC23, there are some pre-made expressions that can be used as autotext or schedule's field to separate Classification ID and Classification Name. The expression can be added to AC22 and previous versions.
- For Classification ID: SPLITLEFT ( ARCHICAD Classification - v 2.0; " "; 1 )
- For Classification Name: SPLITLEFT ( ARCHICAD Classification - v 2.0; " "; 2 )

Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to get the description from Classification. I have entered it into our Wishlist database (please refer to it as #12768). Hopefully, this function will be added in the future soon!

Thank you once again, and have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

jl_lt
Ace
Tomek wrote:
The ability to split classification item into the THREE constituent and independent components is really important. It will enable all sorts of really useful workflows. Please see my post/wish about this.

I really hope that more people realise just how powerful this is and vote on this.
We are totally behind you on this one Mr. Tomek
Learn and get certified!