Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

AC23 Column / Beam End Cuts

DGSketcher
Legend
I have developed a timber I-beams complex profile to work with columns and beams for framing layouts. Unfortunately the new beam & column tools only allow for a single direction end cut within the settings which is fixed to rotate around the X-axis. In the images I have ringed where my problem lies. I have tried every variation I can think of to cut the top of the column at the required angle using my highest PBC values with roofs & shells etc., nothing seems to stop the inclined beam connection even after the column is trimmed. As can be seen I have even tried to connect the main beam & column axis. At present I can't see any other option other than duplicate complex profiles to rotate the axis. This seems straight forward but the duplication then messes up all my cut lists as the X & Y values are transposed.

I would really like GS to complete their programming on this issue and allow the cut plane to be rotated around the Z-axis. This would also then allow us to correctly cut columns to suit situations where the top incline is not perpendicular to a column axis such as a post at 45 degrees to a roof plane.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
2 REPLIES 2
Lingwisyer
Guru
Add the cut functionality that the Steal Beam and Column objects have?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
runxel
Legend
Also allow multiple end cuts!

This is so important to have.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»