BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.
SOLVED!

AC27 wishlist

graan
Booster

Now that AC26 has almost arrived, perhaps we can already gather some wishes for AC27.
Again, wise to keep it short, and only name your top 3 with the highest priority.
Focus on what you want to contribute and don't react to what others submit worked well last time too.

107 REPLIES 107

1. INSTANCES! from Favourites (like 'Families')! PLEASE!
2. Enhanced Layer Management
3. Central management and referencing for attributes and favorites

Apple iMac Pro with macOS Sonoma, AC 5.0 to 27 INT and GER, all the latest

4. Load and UNLOAD of Hotlinks instead of 'delete'. Basic Xref functionality.
5. Curtain wall tool: Curved panels, corner panel of composite panels, opening lines of CW windows in Floor Plans......

Apple iMac Pro with macOS Sonoma, AC 5.0 to 27 INT and GER, all the latest

1. In the Renovation palette it would be fantastic if it had 3x states: that is 'Existing', 'Proposed –1' and 'Proposed –2'.

In other words you could have more than one proposed design in the same Archicad project (it would save me time when a client makes major changes to their architectural project).  I would guess that this would be rather complicated to implement into Archicad; one can only wish...

I am completely with you,... Archicad must have a good Layer Management, as everything is based on layers! I also like the Favorites improvement, which should work instantly, i.e. I change a favorite, all associated items will change, instantly. 

AC 4.55 -

1. PLEASE: Windows and Doors improvements: 

- window casing (also negative casing and visible in Floorplan and Section),

- Insulation reveal (also visible in Section),

- sunshade-settings (you should be able to manipulate the visibility in the Floorplan),... The sunshade should also effect the window/room ratio (Required ratio of window area to floor area).

2. Getting access to the Library Part Parameters in the Expression Editor in the Property Manager.

3. Please give the Option to show the Total Thickness of the Elements in the Skin List Label

Agee with basically all the wishes here. For me it would be:

1.dimension tool that actually reads the model on diferent criteria instead of being click dependent. So you set it once in its position and it always updates if your model changes. I have described it elsewhere (a combination of the section marker and the automatic dimension utility)

2.dedicated detailing system in 3d-2d, with ability to use hierachical parts (structure, supports, joinings, skins, etc), with live components. 

3.ability to color code views and layouts and ability to hide unused views on cloned folders 

3.1. centralized property management system with ability to choose from diferent templates, while also having the option of leaving some thing within specific project files, so as to not to bloat your template.

3.2 partial levels independent of the story levels so we can work with split levels and attach slabs, beams or whatever to them... Yes, like in Revit.

3.3 abiility to override your hotlinks with plain colors, to easily identify them (something which is toggable on/off).

I would extend to 1,2....n.   One could actually make project planning with this, asigning each part a execution phase extended over time

Hotlinks should also open inside the same project,...without the need to open another AC

AC 4.55 -

I've got a spreadsheet with hundreds of items, but my hot ones are:

1. Dedicated Ceiling Tool:  

Ceilings are the most critical element of cross-discipline coordination in building design.  Typically, most of the HVAC, lighting, fire protection, and security systems pass through the ceiling.  When this was done with 2D overlays, Archicad Slabs and Fills were sufficient.  However, with the emergence of 3D workflows using IFC, it just isn't enough.  We need something like a cross between Slabs, Roofs, and Curtain Walls, editable in Plan or 3D, working with a variety of grid modules, and interactively responsive to the many MEP elements that intersect it.  Also would be nice to link height to Story or Zone.

2. Smart Keynotes:  

We need a system to automatically generate a legend of Keynote Labels, limited to those showing on each Layout, based on an editable master list in the project.  Manual noting and cross-referencing precipitates errors and is slow.  A numbering system that references CSI specification sections would facilitate quality control and bidding.  Perhaps it would work like Interactive Schedules.  There is much published on the subject, and there are several add-ons available (all seem a little clunky), but we feel it should be a built-in feature in any modern design software.

3. Details and Worksheets:  

Currently there is very little difference.  Details should be SIMPLE.  They don't need View options, and could skip directly from Project Map to Layout Book, with only ONE scale, ONE pen set, ONE Layer Combo, etc.  This would make them easier to copy, too.  Worksheets need a little more power.  Most importantly, they should be able to host 3D Elements (Walls, Slabs, etc.), though, just like Objects currently function, they would not be visible in 3D.  This would allow them to be used a Legends, Object-making Workshops, and/or Visual Favorites.  And most importantly, we need to copy Independent Details and Worksheets (and perhaps Layouts) easily from one project to another, complete with settings.

Chuck Kottka
Orcutt Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

ArchiCAD 25 (since 4.5)
Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar OSX 10.15 Core i7 2.9GHz/16GB RAM/Radeon Pro560 4GB

I'd like Archicad to be absolutely stable. Solid as a Rock. And error free regarding every tool and function in it. So that if anything goes wrong,  I would first blame Apple and Microsoft, secondly my Hardware, power network, magnetized radiation or space dust. Only after that I would have to suspect Graphisoft, and still think there must be something else happening in there.

After this, you can bring new tools and functions at your own pace, just keeping the level of software at what was just described above.

I find Archicad quite good today, but there is still room to grow in this aspect.

Thank You very much, I believe you must be on your way to that already.

AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS
Learn and get certified!