Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.
SOLVED!

AC27 wishlist

graan
Booster

Now that AC26 has almost arrived, perhaps we can already gather some wishes for AC27.
Again, wise to keep it short, and only name your top 3 with the highest priority.
Focus on what you want to contribute and don't react to what others submit worked well last time too.

107 REPLIES 107

Thanks- I'll check it out. Enjoy some Gr8 beer this weekend!

Mechiel
Participant

3 wishes:

-fix a bug that causes hotlinks within hotlinks to “explode”

-a centralized attribute file like mentioned by others

-a possibility tot “freeze” rules in schedule’s en graphic overrides. If you work with schedule’s and are still improving the contents extra fields are sometimes needed tot get things done. You can either create copies and add the fields or (if my wish is granted) freeze the fields you don’t need for the final output of your schedule. One schedule too rule them all.

For example: if you want the schedule to show the orientation of the door hinges (left or right) with the goal to find the mirrored copies but you don’t want the field to show in the final output as a column, it would be nice to freeze instead of delete it. Same goes for the filter based on layers. If you are still working on the content you might want to narrow your view temporarily to adjust the schedule by filtering out a layer. When you are done it would be nice if you could freeze this type of filtering instead of deleting it/making copies of the schedule.

A wish maybe overruled by the library part maker (which I find difficult and doesn’t seem to have 2D possibilities)

-easy to use/create and adjust 2D objects/library parts. The patch tool does a couple of amazing things that are very useful. No scripting needed. Just have Graphisoft expand the script behind that and unlock all instead of just 3 layers. If you create a patch text is left out. Why? (Working with objects you create yourself within teamwork causes crashes in some cases.)

Jody S Keppers
Booster

As a Mac user, I'd like to see Archicad native on Apple's M series processors. It's been a LONG time since those processors were released. All that Graphisoft has said about this as far as I know is, "sometime in the second half of 2022." Well, the second half is here....

Keppers Design Architecture

AC 23, 24, 25, 26

Mac Studio 2022, 64GB, 8TB SSD, Ventura

MacBook Pro (15 inch 2019), 32GB, 1 TB SSD, Venturar

iMac 27" retina display (late 2015), 16 GB, 2TB hybrid drive, Monterey

@Jody S Keppers you can actually download the Archicad 26 ARM (Apple Silicon) preview package here - https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Graphisoft-Insights/Archicad-26-for-Apple-Silicon-Tech-Preview-l...

Regards
Francois Swanepoel
Everything happens in Archicad since v6.5 (2000) ‌
Hiking, Motorbiking, Good food, Gr8! Beer & excellent conversation 😉
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course

Just released yesterday, I see.  It's nice to finally see some visible progress.  I can't try the preview out myself since I don't have an Apple Silicon machine right now and need performance information to decide what the optimal hardware solution is before dropping potentially $5000+ on a new computer. I look forward to seeing solid information on how the update works with the various processor options.

AC 23, 24, 25, 26

@Jody S Keppers The native preview version was posted yesterday:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Graphisoft-Insights/Archicad-26-for-Apple-Silicon-Tech-Preview-l...

Your signature shows AC 23 and 24.  Apple ARM native code will only be available for Archicad 26 and onwards.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Yes, I’m actually using v25 and have downloaded v26; and I’m also running Big Sur. I have updated my signature accordingly.

Thanks for the information. I’m sure others will find it useful also.

AC 23, 24, 25, 26

I have created a general Community Wishlist thread here: https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Wishes-forum/Archicad-Community-Wishlist/m-p/360393#M21502

It follows discussion in the Archicad Future, 27 Poll page here: https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Wishes-forum/Archicad-Future-27-Poll/m-p/360221#M21490

I have added some items I recall from other posts on the forum. I think it's important to explain the functional requirement for anything we add.

The reason I created a new thread is to decouple it from any specific Archicad version.

If we have a comprehensive list, if none of it is implemented in and AC version, we shouldn't go back and start again with a new list for the next AC. release.

It's a neat centralised format that is more structured than anything I've seen here before. It would be really good if people could contribute!

Archicad 27 UKI | OS X 12.7.1 Monterey
Damijan G
Booster

Cut Fills in Oriented Views and regarding problems

Hi,

(1) how about solving the historic problem of fill orientation in rotated views - in projects where walls are not perpendicular to project (origin) coordinate system (this is even an anachronism - how can a fill be oriented to an origin - origin is a point, right?). There should be a third option that allway orients a floor plan cut fill regarding the Set View Orientation XY axis (or perhaps a Rotated Grid matched with the Oriented View) so that the Fill would look properly also in Oriented Views (and Sections) - i.e. as the Text can..
Problem nicely explained (and still not solved) in an old thread:

https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Design-forum/Wall-with-masonry-fill-non-ortogonal/td-p/265218

Partially solvable with SurveyPoint, North orientation and Survey Drawings oriented accordingly (rather than placed with north facing up), so that the building can allways be drawn orthogonally, but why then have Oriented Views in the first place?

(2) Also connected to issues regarding Oriented Views this old thread has obviously not been resolved:

https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Document-Visualize-forum/Rotated-views-on-layouts-behave-strange...

as we are still consistently experiencing these kind of problems in AC25, 26 (inconsistently however, they seem to appear later after a few Saves and longer working on the project)
Solution seems to be to allways place the elevation and section markers in non-oriented views, however I believe such a "bug" should be addressed...

Thank you for your great work!

AC25-27 Win10 | Xeon Gold 5122 | 96GB | Quadro P5000

Hi Damijan,

This is a bit above my level of experience with Archicad, so it might be better if you add the wishlist item your self. Obviously it's best to illustrate the point with clear descriptions and screenshots.

If you ask for editing rights, I'll happily grant them 🙂

Archicad 27 UKI | OS X 12.7.1 Monterey