BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

AC2x - Hide elements by GO

alemanda
Advocate
I wish archicad could allow us to hide single elements using the GOs.
I think this could be got considering the layer as an attribute (like pen, fill, etc), assigning a temporary hidden layer via GOs.
This would be very useful in many occasions ...
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly
That's not a bad idea.
Allow us to override the layer in GO so we can create our own 'always hidden in all layer combinations' layer.
Maybe we would just want to swap the layer for elements sometimes rather than hiding them.

Or GS could create a special hidden layer (like the Archicad layer that is always on but this one would always be off).
Of course this layer would have to be unavailable in layer lists so we couldn't put elements in it - only have it available for overrides.
We wouldn't even need to know this phantom layer exists - just give us the option to 'Hide' elements.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
alemanda
Advocate
Barry wrote:

Or GS could create a special hidden layer (like the Archicad layer that is always on but this one would always be off).
Of course this layer would have to be unavailable in layer lists so we couldn't put elements in it - only have it available for overrides.
We wouldn't even need to know this phantom layer exists - just give us the option to 'Hide' elements.

Barry.
That was exactly what I was thinking of.
Win 10 Pro 64bit
www.almadw.it
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
what about a GO using BUILDING MATERIAL "INVISIBLE" and PEN COLOR 19?
The result ist fairly close to your poll.
Regards Mario
alemanda
Advocate
white pen color is not a solution for me ... because is white and can be visibile when it is overlapped onto some other elements with other colors ...
Win 10 Pro 64bit
www.almadw.it
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
If you save that element into a module, you can keep it on its original layer and use the module layer to toggle on and off. I think you can control if it interacts with model on the module layer too, by settings its intersection number to something not used in the model. You can control visibility by layer combinations with this.

Just a work around that might work for you.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, we need a simple way to show/hide elements by view, through GO's or any other method, but simple and easy without settings to many things.
Learn and get certified!