BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Ability to lock on the special snap points

Ben Cohen
Enthusiast
I think it would be very handy to be able to have a toggle that locks on the special snaps once they have appeared. I find the 5 second appearance of the snaps isn't enough when doing something remotely complex. It would also make the use of the snap to distance option a lot easier to use. This could also apply to the special snaps temporary vector

Cheers

Ben
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
Archicad (Latest Version) aus
www.4DLibrary.com.au
7 REPLIES 7
__archiben
Booster
Ben wrote:
I think it would be very handy to be able to have a toggle that locks on the special snaps once they have appeared. I find the 5 second appearance of the snaps isn't enough when doing something remotely complex. It would also make the use of the snap to distance option a lot easier to use. This could also apply to the special snaps temporary vector
or even a preference to change the time they're on screen as well - like the value-input box updates. mind you - i'm often waiting for some to clear so that i can define others . . .

general drafting aids and the UI for them need improving all around though don't you think?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Ben Cohen
Enthusiast
i'm often waiting for some to clear so that i can define others . . .
Yes good point. Maybe a modifier key to get the snaps on to the next element.. eg. set "L" to lock the snaps and then alt-L to jump to the next element immediately, with out the wait.
it sounds a bit trivial but these little refinements are what its all about
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
www.4DLibrary.com.au
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not trivial at all, very important in my mind (twisted and evil as it is) . The ability to specify a particular snap mode as a one off would be great too.

Roolio
Ben Cohen
Enthusiast
seems its only the Aussies who care
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
www.4DLibrary.com.au
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ben wrote:
seems like the Aussies are a bunch of babies too... lol.
Djordje
Ace
s2art wrote:
Ben wrote:
seems like the Aussies are a bunch of babies too... lol.
Now now ... no neighbourly love outbursts, please ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
We just love our kids I guess. And we love to draw accurately And I know New Zealanders love other things (keeping in mind I was born there too)

Roolio
Learn and get certified!