Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Ability to select Surfaces and BMs in Complex Profile and label them with extracted data

kmitotk
Advocate
I've been waiting for this functionality for too long. My ArchiCAD project stops being BIM whenever I have to start putting dumb finish tags on the drawing. All the data is there in the complex profile. Interactive schedules can make use of them. Why can't the Surface/Building Material names/properties in the CP be extracted and made available for the labels?

I also would like to be able to use the expression to show only a part of the surface/BM names so the label can show the material index (PT-01, MT-01, etc.) instead of the entire name.

The segmented columns and beams introduced in ArchiCAD 23 are great, but the label tools don't seem to have access to the sufaces/BMs in them either.

My current workaround is to use the IFC property with split rules to somehow show the name of each surface/BM in the complex profile in the label.
This workaround is way too cumbersome and also not really reliable as the extracted info is not really associated with the part that my label arrow is actually pointing at on the drawing: the arrow doesn't know which part of the CP it is pointing at as the parts (surfaces/BMs) are not selectable.

Kei
Kei Mito

Architect | Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager
ArchiCAD 26 & 27 JPN USA & INT | Windows 10

1 REPLY 1
Ghaleb Khadra
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi All,

Thank you for posting your ideas on the forum.

I'm glad to say that we took notice and we have added this Wish into our Wish database.
(For future reference, you can refer to it as Wish 12544)

I hope we see this get implemented in the future

I wish you all a fantastic day!
Kind regards,
Ghaleb
Ghaleb Khadra
BIM Expert
GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com