BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Ability to show 2d elevation of Curtain Walls in schedule

Anonymous
Not applicable
Really need the ability to show a 2d elevation view of each curtain wall type in an opening schedule along with other 2d elevations views of windows and doors. This could be a specific option in the curtain wall fields, but it would be better as a general field options so that it could be applied to doors, windows and curtain walls.
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hmm, you have a valid point.
For some reason only the 2D Cross Section Preview, 2D Plan Preview and 3D Axonometry are available for Curtain Walls in Schedules. So the closest you have is the 3D Axonometry option.
I guess the developers might have thought a 3D side view is not relevant because a Curtain Wall can have any polyline geometry in Floor Plan, in which case it is pretty hard to generate a 3D side view preview.
But on the other hand, Doors and Windows can be placed in curved walls, and they still have 3D side view fields in Schedules. But it is true that a Curtain Wall side view would be more complex to achieve.
Still, I think this could be a wish. If you make a wish, please post its link in this thread.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Leire Bilbao
Booster
I use curtain walls for complex shopfronts, where windows and doors don't give enough options (generally not curved) and I would like to schedule them the same as the doors and windows)
DGSketcher
Legend
Rather than relying on the schedule, why not just have an elevation / section of the isolated curtain wall on a layout and then place the required schedule alongside it. I would expect the frames would be quite large so I doubt the contractor would be surprised if they were presented differently to all the "standard" doors & windows.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
jl_lt
Ace
DGSketcher wrote:
Rather than relying on the schedule, why not just have an elevation / section of the isolated curtain wall on a layout and then place the required schedule alongside it. I would expect the frames would be quite large so I doubt the contractor would be surprised if they were presented differently to all the "standard" doors & windows.
This! I use a dedicated Layer combination, a dedicated dimension layer and a dedicated elevation marker just for curtain walls. So each curtain wall has its own elevation (and section if you want). Then its just a matter of putting them in the corresponding layout and you can easily combine elevation, plan and section for each curtain wall along with notes for each one. The automatic dimensioning function works almost perfectly on curtain walls so its really easy to anotate. I still use the Curtain wall schedule option for picky contractors that want to know exactly how many meters of aluminium profiles are needed.
Learn and get certified!