Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Add Ceiling Tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not sure what else to say here.
9 REPLIES 9
adamsb
Newcomer
What would this ceiling tool do? Add a dropped ceiling to a slab or roof? Add a "skin"?
AC21 64-bit
Mac OSX 10.12, 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 64 GB mem
Mac OSX 10.11, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB mem
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think that a good ceiling tool with options for ceiling tiles and everything that goes with it, including the option to attach lamps objects to it, so if the ceiling is raised or lowered down the lamps will move with it.

I think this would help a lot
Paul King
Advisor
Also should accommodate complex stretchy bulk heads, wrapping ceiling linings up and down vertical faces, or inclined faces of ceiling - so that they look right in section. With extensive stretchy ceiling framing/suspension system options that follow edits to ceiling form, rule based but with local positioning, length and cut angle overrides to any framing element
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop
Stuart Smith
Booster
My ideal ceiling tool would be similar to the roof tool, with the ability for lamp objects to cut and be associated with a ceiling the way skylights work with roofs and windows/doors work with walls.

This seems pretty simple, using concepts already part of Archicad.
v26 3010 USA
MacOS 12.6
AC user since 8.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
A lot of the functionality asked for here can be accommodated through use of existing tools you just need to think of the tools as not just a slab tool or roof tool etc but as a horizontal element with thickness or a sloping element with thickness with lights/grids etc as slab / roof accessories attached to the host element
Scott
Barry Kelly
I see there are a couple of 'ceiling grid' and 'ceiling editor' objects in the BIM Components Portal.

I have no idea what they are like though.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Stuart Smith
Booster
sboydturner wrote:
A lot of the functionality asked for here can be accommodated through use of existing tools you just need to think of the tools as not just a slab tool or roof tool etc but as a horizontal element with thickness or a sloping element with thickness with lights/grids etc as slab / roof accessories attached to the host element
Scott
We use slabs and roofs as ceilings. I was really wishing for the ability to associate Lamp objects with them.

Could you elaborate on "with lights/grids etc as slab / roof accessories attached to the host element"?

Am I missing out on something?
v26 3010 USA
MacOS 12.6
AC user since 8.1
Stuart Smith
Booster
Great. I can start using that once I learn Japanese.
v26 3010 USA
MacOS 12.6
AC user since 8.1