Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Add/Remove Elements to/from Selection

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Everyone,

It would be nice to see a constant add to selection command, without the removal of already selected items if the selection box crosses them. Similar workaround with remove from selection, constant remove.

In a bigger selection set is a pain to deselect unwanted items. With a false click, you can easily invert the selection of items and the game begins, how to add back/remove the items if they are overlapping. In major 3d software, this is the normal workaround. With the SHIFT+click every time changing the object selection whenever crossed something just feels unnatural. Or is it just me? Let me know.

Best,
Adam
5 REPLIES 5
runxel
Legend
YES PLEASE!

The selection process really s*cks.The default behavior is indeed nefarious.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Anonymous
Not applicable
If I understand correctly, there is a wish for this already posted here.
I also added this feature to be included in my Model Filter View Option wish.
Cheers,
runxel
Legend
Braza wrote:
If I understand correctly, there is a wish for this already posted here.
No, Braza, this is not about layers but about just selecting elements in plan, where making a selection a bit too large will actually deselect (I mean, wtf?) already selected elements.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok. Now I get it.
Please disregard my post.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

Thank you very much for sharing your idea, and for those of you who voted to express their opinion.

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it to our Wish List database (please refer to it as Wish #12938). Personally, I also struggle with this many times! Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT