Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Add a rendering material tab to GSM Files

Nader Belal
Mentor
Ok, ArchiCAD GSM files can define rendering materials and surfaces for it's internal and Cinerender engines but their GDL script may be extensive, and if these rendering materials depends on images for its definition, the surfaces tab and navigator will get cluttered as many manufactures may supply their products with its predefined materials.

My proposition aims for two objectives:
1. Separate GDL script related to rendering materials in a separate tab page for easier handling (just as their is a Master - Paramaeter - 2D - 3D script windows) .
2. Eliminate the clutter and the confusion that may result from adding the hundreds of images and material definitions of the different products in any project.
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
2 REPLIES 2
It's an essential idea !
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Ghaleb Khadra
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi All,

Thank you for requesting this feature, and for your active participation on the forums.

I am happy to say that we have added this into our Wish database.
As reference, the Wish number is 12469

Thank you all for sharing your ideas with us, and thank you all who voted.

[Stay Active. Stay Awesome ]
Kind regards,
Ghaleb
Ghaleb Khadra
BIM Expert
GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com