Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Add ability to apply simple styling to Project Notes

Professor Pickle
Advocate
Project notes are a really good way to capture all sorts of bit of information that go into the thinking but usually doesn't get recorded anywhere else. In solo mode it's great to be able to go over past thinking and in teamwork it's great for other team member to be able to share that knowledge.

It would be great if we cold apply simple styling to this section. Simple headers, web links, emphasis, horizontal divider, etc. Perhaps you could look at incorporating Markdown (https://www.markdownguide.org).
Pushing the boundaries of local time/space continuum since 1972.
Archicad 26 | iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) | 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 24 GB | Radeon Pro 580 8 GB | macOS 12.6

7 REPLIES 7
jl_lt
Ace
Hi Mr. Tomek. May i ask where you put this notes? I would guess in the change manager or is there another place you use?
Barry Kelly
'Project Notes' can be found in the FILE menu > Info > Project Notes.

It is simply a place to save notes that will stay with the file, and every time you open it, the date and time will be added.

I keep track of all of the changes I make to my template in there.
Then as the template is used for a new file, it will have a record of the template changes at the time of the file creation.
Later when the file becomes older, I can compare the Project Notes with the latest template to see what else I might have added since creating the now old file.
The company I work for has a lot of standard plans that we use over and over, so I can easily see if there is anything new I want to add to these old standard plans that I have added to the latest template.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
jl_lt
Ace
Great! i will use it right away, thanks a lot! this is one of the little things that makes life happier
runxel
Legend
The usage of markdown would be very welcomed!
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
What is a markdown?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Markdown is a text formatting language.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markdown
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Tibo_L-EDU
Contributor

+1 for markdown support! Would be greatly appreciated!

It would also be nice to be able to change the template for the timestamps (for example I would put the timestamp as a (sub)header to create automatic structure in the note. 
The projects notes feature could be a great place for a changelog, but as it stands now it's not very useful imo