Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Add ability to hide windows and doors without hiding their host walls

Professor Pickle
Advocate

Sometimes I need to show just the walls, without the windows or doors. Currently there is no way to do this. If I hide windows/doors that also hides the host wall. I'd like to be able to hide windows/doors without hiding their host walls.

This wish is particularly important if you work a lot, like I do, with prefabricated and panellised walls. I have a workaround for this but I don't like it as it imposes extra work and as with all workarounds I have to be careful not to break it.

Pushing the boundaries of local time/space continuum since 1972.
Archicad 26 | iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) | 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 24 GB | Radeon Pro 580 8 GB | macOS 12.6

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Hi @Professor Pickle, I’m sure You can hide W&D in floor plan via Document > Model View > Model View Options > Construction Element Options then from Door and Window drop down list choose Hide on Floor Plan.

In 3D View you can hide them via View > Elements in 3D View > Filter and Cut Elements in 3D then from ( Element Types to Show in 3D ) uncheck Door & Window, I hope it helps.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Stuart_Clark
Contributor

This is already possible using the Model View Options filter in Archicad.

Solution

Hi @Professor Pickle, I’m sure You can hide W&D in floor plan via Document > Model View > Model View Options > Construction Element Options then from Door and Window drop down list choose Hide on Floor Plan.

In 3D View you can hide them via View > Elements in 3D View > Filter and Cut Elements in 3D then from ( Element Types to Show in 3D ) uncheck Door & Window, I hope it helps.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

This is exactly what I wanted. I always forget about that 3D filter. Thanks!

Pushing the boundaries of local time/space continuum since 1972.
Archicad 26 | iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) | 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 24 GB | Radeon Pro 580 8 GB | macOS 12.6