BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Add adjustable transparency to fills

Professor Pickle
Advocate
Currently the only way to get something that resembles a semi transparent fill is to use a half-tone pattern. This is inadequate for modern documentation purposes. Please add proper transparency support that allows the user to dial in desired level of transparency.
Pushing the boundaries of local time/space continuum since 1972.
Archicad 26 | iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) | 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 24 GB | Radeon Pro 580 8 GB | macOS 12.6

6 REPLIES 6
+1. Screens or percentage fills are dinosaurs from the "Desktop Publishing Revolution", i.e. the 90s
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Isn’t this already available, I have fills of 75%, 50%, 25% in my template and I duplicate these and change for other transparencies as needed per project when saved to PDF no matter how close I zoom transparency is consistent it is not a screen.

Regards
Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can create your own transparent fills with any level of opacity already.

When creating a new fill, choose type "Solid Fill" and then you can choose anything between 0 and 100% for your Opacity.
Lingwisyer
Guru
sboydturner wrote:
Isn’t this already available, I have fills of 75%, 50%, 25% in my template and I duplicate these and change for other transparencies as needed per project when saved to PDF no matter how close I zoom transparency is consistent it is not a screen.

Regards
Scott

Pretty sure that is due to how your AC writes out PDFs. I have two writers, one will write out every layer and the "transparencies" will be consistent at all zoom levels as the half-tone data is embedded much like a vector line. The other writer will flatten everything and only retains vector lines with the "transparencies" becoming half-tones instead of blended colours. Again though, that might just be due to how my writers perform.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am just using the in built PDF publisher I have found that it works better and more consistently than 3rd party tools (incl acrobat pro and blue beam)

Scoty
runxel
Legend
sboydturner wrote:
I am just using the in built PDF publisher I have found that it works better and more consistently than 3rd party tools (incl acrobat pro and blue beam)
Which is by the way powered by PDFtron's PDFnet.
I am still mad, that you can't output proper CMYK PDFs, even tho PDFnet supports that.

Regarding transparency fills: That would really be great, often enough I would need those, especially on gradient fills or just when you need both colors to be in color.
Also if your output is a conforming PDF/X-4 transparencies are no problem after all!
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Learn and get certified!