Wishes forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add adjustable transparency to fills

Tomek Piatek
Contributor
Currently the only way to get something that resembles a semi transparent fill is to use a half-tone pattern. This is inadequate for modern documentation purposes. Please add proper transparency support that allows the user to dial in desired level of transparency.

---
ArchiCAD 23
Windows 10 Pro
6 REPLIES 6

+1. Screens or percentage fills are dinosaurs from the "Desktop Publishing Revolution", i.e. the 90s
Think Like a Spec Writer

AC24-6004 / USA AC25-4013 USA

Rhino 7 Mac

MacOS 11.6.1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Isn’t this already available, I have fills of 75%, 50%, 25% in my template and I duplicate these and change for other transparencies as needed per project when saved to PDF no matter how close I zoom transparency is consistent it is not a screen.

Regards
Scott

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can create your own transparent fills with any level of opacity already.

When creating a new fill, choose type "Solid Fill" and then you can choose anything between 0 and 100% for your Opacity.

Lingwisyer
Virtuoso
sboydturner wrote:
Isn’t this already available, I have fills of 75%, 50%, 25% in my template and I duplicate these and change for other transparencies as needed per project when saved to PDF no matter how close I zoom transparency is consistent it is not a screen.

Regards
Scott

Pretty sure that is due to how your AC writes out PDFs. I have two writers, one will write out every layer and the "transparencies" will be consistent at all zoom levels as the half-tone data is embedded much like a vector line. The other writer will flatten everything and only retains vector lines with the "transparencies" becoming half-tones instead of blended colours. Again though, that might just be due to how my writers perform.

Ling.
AC18-23 AUS 7000
Self-taught, bend it till it breaks.
Win10 | E5620 x 2 | 24GB | K2200

Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am just using the in built PDF publisher I have found that it works better and more consistently than 3rd party tools (incl acrobat pro and blue beam)

Scoty

runxel
Mentor
sboydturner wrote:
I am just using the in built PDF publisher I have found that it works better and more consistently than 3rd party tools (incl acrobat pro and blue beam)
Which is by the way powered by PDFtron's PDFnet.
I am still mad, that you can't output proper CMYK PDFs, even tho PDFnet supports that.

Regarding transparency fills: That would really be great, often enough I would need those, especially on gradient fills or just when you need both colors to be in color.
Also if your output is a conforming PDF/X-4 transparencies are no problem after all!
AC 24 [ger] | Win 10 | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

Start a new conversation!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!