Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Adding Layers Shader keeps existing shader

derekjackson
Enthusiast
I've had a few cases now where I've built up a complex shader in one of the channels. I then decide that I want to layer it with other shaders, but selecting 'Layer' as the shader deletes all shader content in that channel.

Can we have an option when picking 'Layer' (and 'Fusion'?) that it keeps the existing shader content and plugs it in as the first layer, rather than having to construct it all again?
3 REPLIES 3
alemanda
Advocate
YES! Essential!
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Lingwisyer
Guru
I'd like a material editor like the one in 3ds Max. Being able to build a shader and use it in several objects and vise versa. Quite a few times I've built a new object with some channels in common with a few others and it's extremely time consuming to copy and check everything over.... If not being able to link a single shader with multiple objects, at least be able to copy and paste them.

I remember making a post about whether ArchiCAD had this ability last year. Guess I didn't make a wish about it...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
derekjackson
Enthusiast
Or as an alternative, maybe an option to copy a shader from one channel to another? This would also fix the first issue - you could then paste it into the layer structure.

Cinema4D has this option...