BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Alert Sounds on the Mac

Anonymous
Not applicable
GS should set the various alerts (toots, pings, etc.) in ArchiCAD to play at the "Alert volume" as set in the sounds preferences, rather than at the "Output volume" which is really for music, video, etc.

Granted, many other developers make the same mistake, but all the Apple products behave properly (naturally) and I have to assume that it is a pretty simple matter.

Alert volume.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
Dwight
Newcomer
You wish for it too, then?
Dwight Atkinson
alexliz
Participant
One of the first things I do after installing a new version of ArchiCAD on my Mac is to use Resorcerer to delete the Sound resource. This way I eliminate the (irritating) interface sounds altogether.
Alex Zachopoulos

MacBook Pro 17" 2.4GHz, MacOS X 10.5.6, ArchiCAD 11 & 12, WinXP, Vista (well, not really Vista...)
Geoff Briggs
Mentor
This is no longer necessary in ArchiCAD 10 as they can now be turned off in the Work Environment. Matthew's wish, however, is still valid.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
alexliz
Participant
Hi Geoff! Weird, I've done already as you describe in my Work Environment settings. I guess I had forgotten about it and still remembered the olden days!
Alex Zachopoulos

MacBook Pro 17" 2.4GHz, MacOS X 10.5.6, ArchiCAD 11 & 12, WinXP, Vista (well, not really Vista...)
Learn and get certified!