Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Align & Distribute

James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I would like to see Align and Distribute feature in ArchiCAD.

Something like in Adobe Illustrator and a programme I used many years ago Autosketch - I presume AutoCAD also has this.

My reason is for AC to become better at 2D and graphical work - ie not just creating working drawings from a 3D model.

James.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Frankly, I would like to see a align and distribute in plotmaker to help layout the sheet when importing several drawings at one time.
As it is now they just stack up in the lower left corner of the sheet and you must manually place the drawings in the correct positions on the sheet.
Anonymous
Not applicable
James wrote:

KMWong had made a specific tool for this, but I think it hasn't been update recently.

There is also the free "Orbit accesories" that can be found on http://www.orbitsolutions.com.au/ that offers the align function, but there is currently no version for AC8.1.

These are API based solutions, but these tools should of course be included natively in AC
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Geoffroy wrote:
James wrote:

KMWong had made a specific tool for this, but I think it hasn't been update recently.

There is also the free "Orbit accesories" that can be found on http://www.orbitsolutions.com.au/ that offers the align function, but there is currently no version for AC8.1.

These are API based solutions, but these tools should of course be included natively in AC
I actually worked for orbitsolutions. Great bunch of guys.

As you said, would be nice to be native not an API by third party - so it can be totally integrated into AC and PM.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Geoff Briggs
Mentor
Glaring omission from the ArchiCAD toolkit. It should work on 2D and 3D objects and in all windows.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x