Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Angle Parameter Input for Sloping Elements Needs Options

I would like to see the mode of angle selection that is used for roofs - degrees, percentage and x feet/incehes in12 - available for all ArchiCAD elements that are slopable.

Walls, Beams and Columns. Framers don't always think in degrees and the logic of much of our North American Wood Frame Buildings relates to a slope that is scribed onsite with a Roof Framing Square. Even if it's prefabricated in a shop, the underlying logic is deeply rooted in the psyche. It's something the metric system really never did any better.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Aaron wrote:
I would like to see the mode of angle selection that is used for roofs - degrees, percentage and x feet/incehes in12 - available for all ArchiCAD elements that are slopable.
And now in 17 and 18 we only have the option for degrees and percentage.
In fact the last version I saw with feet/inches in 12 was version 14 (at least here in AUS).

We could also do with the degrees option being available in decimal and degrees, minutes and seconds.
Altering the working units in preferences has no impact on roofs.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Barry wrote:
Altering the working units in preferences has no impact on roofs.
In the US version, changing the Working Units to Feet/Inches gives the Rise/Run option for Roofs, changing to metric looses this option.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14