BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Another old but critical wall wish

David Collins
Advocate
I also voted essential for the core only display option wall wish, and was inspired to nag about another long standing wall wish:

Low parapet walls with no plan hatching, which display correctly in section, merging with walls on lower stories, calculate properly as walls and have a coping cap option similar to the wall end tool.

This one's been around forever. I just thought I'd shuffle it up to the top of the deck.
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
3 REPLIES 3
Aussie John
Newcomer
Bring it on!
It is quite clear from these two recent wall polls that the wall tool needs a much needed upgrade.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Wokka
Contributor
A must have, I NEED parapet walls........
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
3 D E N V I R O N M E N T
http://www.3de.com.au
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
David Collins
Advocate
"David Collins" wrote:
...Low parapet walls with no plan hatching, which display correctly in section, merging with walls on lower stories, calculate properly as walls and have a coping cap option similar to the wall end tool.

I've been thinking about how Graphisoft responded to this long standing wish.

When I made this post, all I was hoping for was a kind of a dumb low wall tool. They could have produced one in about a week and sold it to us as a major feature in the next upgrade. I would have been happy.

Instead, we get the Profile Manager, which allows us to create custom low walls with coping profiles. But not just that: it also replaces the laughable Profiler and gives us a completely integrated, powerful and elegant tool for making any complex extrusion with multiple materials and all the ease and abilities of the wall tool. In addition, we get the Floor Plan Cut Plane and all the element plan display options, which give you control over how the low wall appears in plan and, just by the way, completely changes the entire representaional philosophy of the plan view.

They took three or four of our specific problems, like how to show parapet walls, how to create footings, how to show windows and walls in multi-story spaces, and responded with global solutions that addressed them all. That's what a good designer does.

Very nice work, Graphisoft.
Thank you.
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
Learn and get certified!