Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Any tool similar to AutoCAD UCS

Anonymous
Not applicable
After using AutoCAD for few years , I'm coming back to ArchiCAD (using AC11).Is there any way to align my "screen-view" in model space to i.e. external walls , so that I don't have to work "in an angle".
I'm sure there is a simple way to do this.

Any good solutions welcome.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Short answer is no. A long standing wish.

Best you can do for now is use the alternate grid so your constraints work parallel/perpendicular to the angled parts.

In cases of projects with multiple buildings at various angles the best approach is to set each up orthagonally in its own file and link the all into the site plan (though I am guessing this is not your situation).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Matthew,

You've hit the nail on the head.
Some suggestions:
1. Look at the "Align to Surface" command available in 3D windows.
2. Look at OBJECTiVE. I believe it has something similar.http://www.encina.co.uk/objective.html
3. Stop trying to make ArchiCAD work like AutoCAD.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Richard , I like the 3rd one
Oops, I should have also mentioned "Look to Perpendicular" in the 3D window under Navigation Extras. A very powerful tool, that is probably very close to what you want.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Richard,

This is great ,indeed & works properly. There could be a similar , that you could use in 2D (mainly plan) views.But I shouldn't say this , if Graphisoft carries on like this , we won't be needed any more