BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

ArchiCAD 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
A bit of poetry:

...Around 2014 we converted the whole office into VR. At first this was difficult, because the hardware was expensive and cumbersome. I still remember our first cave, where 5 or 6 persons would squeeze into a 10 foot cube, wearing big heavy spectacles and brandishing our wands around. Clients would come to our office to immerse themselves into this 3D environment and our way of doing architecture gradually changed...

read the rest here: http://bimania.blogspot.com/2006/10/archicad-18.html
8 REPLIES 8
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Krippahl wrote:
A bit of poetry:

...Around 2014 we converted the whole office into VR. /......................... Clients would come to our office to immerse themselves into this 3D environment and our way of doing architecture gradually changed...
Thanks Miguel, finishes my day rather well.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Geoff Briggs
Mentor
Considering my many frustrations with the slow pace of technical progress in architecture it is nice to read something optimistic. While I believe that simulation (as opposed to simple graphic representation) can and should progress using today's computer technology, I agree that true virtualization and interaction will not be realized until we move beyond the keyboard-mouse-screen paradigm.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Aussie John
Newcomer
The gaming industry (not to mention s*e*x) will be there long before architecture industry
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aussie wrote:
The gaming industry (not to mention s*e*x) will be there long before architecture industry
And we can piggyback on that, as we did with graphic cards (remember when we had no Open GL option for the 3D window?).

I even use a dedicated keyboard - see http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=5127&postdays=0&postorder=desc&&start=20 - and also http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=8792 , specially developed for gaming, that works great with AC.
Stress Co_
Advisor
With products like OCULUS RIFT it would seem we're a step closer.
BIMx on steroids?

National Public Radio story HERE.

Should this thread be retitled: Archicad 21?
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
With Virtual Gloves you can build the 3dModel instead use your mouse or pen in 3dArchicad environment .
Things like "Essential Reality P5 Data Glove"
Anonymous
Not applicable
I wonder if that ArchiCAD video with the bear hands hovering over the screen while 3d modeling was meant to be the future UI for ArchiCAD?
Anonymous
Not applicable
And how long before drawings become redundant?

We don't need maps to get from A to B, so why do we need plans to build a building. Everything in the model has its coordinates. Perhaps the guys on site only need a voice in an earpiece saying, "...up a bit, left a bit. Put it there." Maybe accompanied by a beep like the parking assistance on your car.

Or maybe the clients will just do it themselves!

Who knows....?
Learn and get certified!