Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

ArchiCAD Mac Dock Icon color

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd like to see subsequent versions of ArchiCAD have different icon colors.

We work on Mac OSx.4 +

Frequently, we keep past versions in our dock. However, they all look alike. Is there any way to change the crescent shape of the building in the icon so that each version is more easily identifiable?
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
There have been many similar wishes in the past - no result!

So let's vote again!

Different colours is really a nice idea!
Erich
Contributor
Of course this is really easy to do on a Mac on your own. Just copy the icon out of the information box for the program. Paste it into the Image editor of your choice (i.e. photoshop et. al.) and change the color as desired. Then select the program and choose "Get Info" again. Select the program icon (this needs to be the icon at the top of the get info window not the preview) and paste in your revised icon.

If you already have the icon in the dock drag it out into a puff of smoke and then select the program with the new updated icon and drag it back to the dock. You will then have a custom colored icon for the latest version of AC. Also any subsequent copies opened will also use the new updated icon.

This works a treat and takes less time to do than to describe.

All this said, GS should really change the icon with a version change. At the very least change the color folks!

HTH
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erich -

Sounds great. However, I am unable to copy the current icon out of the info window. Any tricks?

Thanks
Eduardo Rolon
command+C doesn't work?
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am humbled ...

Yes, the command+C worked, and the revised color is helpful.

Still would be best if Graphisoft changed the color for each version rather than us having to do so...

Cheers -
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am humbled ...

Yes, the command+C worked, and the revised color is helpful.

Still would be best if Graphisoft changed the color for each version rather than us having to do so...

Cheers -
Eduardo Rolon
It happens ( I didi it on another post today).
This does not absolve GS from changing the icon anyway.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Henry Pootel was nice enough to upload a set for both PC and Mac
I agree though that graphisoft should be take care of this for us!
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=23403
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've created two different colored icons since I last posted a comment. We've been using the red one for the AC11 icon and the Green one for AC12. It makes finding any older versions much easier. See Erich and Ejrolon's comments from 31 July for pasting info. I hope these help anyone interested ...