BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

ArchiCad on a second screen. Disaster!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Switched today from a macbook sreen to an external screen.
Nice, it is much larger, and much more work space.
And I can disconnect the screen, and work further on an other location.

Only trouble:
Every window is opened in the main screen (on the mac book)
Every error message is showed on the main screen (on the mac book)

Every message/window should open in the screen the floor plan is on!
I have made pallete shemes, and they work well (till now) on the right screen, but the change between them is a pain.
Just add a menu Window-> pallete schemes-> all the custom schemes.

Someone connected with the developers can talk about this if they can add this in a next patch?
It would working with the workspace make a lot easier!
Thanks
Maarten
4 REPLIES 4
owen
Newcomer
Do you have both laptop screen open and the external display? If so you need to set the external screen to primary (System Preferences>Displays and drag the menu bar to the external screen)

Otherwise if the laptop is closed there should be no problem, the macbook should automatically detect and use the external screen as the primary.

You will however have some issues with palette layouts as the macbook screen and external screen probably have different resolutions. E.g the palettes will potentially jump off screen when switching back to the laptop from a higher resolution screen.

You should create Work Environment layouts for the two options

cheers,

owen
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
owen wrote:
Do you have both laptop screen open and the external display? If so you need to set the external screen to primary (System Preferences>Displays and drag the menu bar to the external screen)
I have both screens open. I know how to change it, thanks, but because I use the laptop screen as primary, I haven't to change my other programs. Mail, Firefox, Desktop icons, Photoshop, etc, I don't want to have to re-arrange them also. That is why the external screen is secondary, and I want only ArchiCad on it, this way I have the most profit of my work environment.
owen wrote:
You will however have some issues with palette layouts as the macbook screen and external screen probably have different resolutions. E.g the palettes will potentially jump off screen when switching back to the laptop from a higher resolution screen.

You should create Work Environment layouts for the two options
You are meaning a pallete scheme? Done. It works very well
Only I have to go to the preferences to select them. For that I had asked for a menu 'Window-> Palette schemes-> summary palette schemes'

Thanks,
Maarten
owen
Newcomer
Maarten wrote:
Only I have to go to the preferences to select them. For that I had asked for a menu 'Window-> Palette schemes-> summary palette schemes'
Ah so you did! Missed a line and totally misread your problem.

On my phone at the moment so can't go into detail - although you can create custom menus I think you're correct in that there is no way to add a list of Work Environments to that menu for easy selection.

So a good wish : )

cheers,

owen
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Maarten wrote:
Maarten:

It is there in the Work Environment, look for List of Palette Layouts.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!