Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Archicad Future, 27 Poll

bouhmidage
Advisor

Archicad 26 was released yesterday, personnally i'm disappointed of how Archicad is slowly developped in the last 4 years, the pandemic has it' effects on business for sure, but we expected more since earlier versions used to bring nice and cool features, 

I created this tread for users who have ideas, suggestions, propositions for the next release, we may express our thoughts, and give guidelines for development team, Graphisoft is listening, i'm sure, 

For me, the most important thing to in an urgent way is to stop this multilingual installers strategy, 

Archicad 26 is released, all the world can download it with a multilangual installer,  : 

1 - download and install in a preferred langue, 

2 - open Archicad using your template, or download a template from the website, almost of us migrate tempaltes from older versions, resellers template  are useful for new users, 

3 - libraries also can be dowloaded from website, this will help in 2 things : lignter installers, and libraries are accessible for everyone especially when user works for foreign companies, .

this way, development and bug fixes will be focused on 1 installer, not 10, 

----------------------------

Archicad strategy is to implement several disciplines, let's admit this, 

For users , Architects, engeneers, drafters, commands and disciplines should be seperated and organized in different way, so we don't feel abused with unecessary command, 

yes Archicad offer possibility to organise commands in the work environnment, but the saved commands layout will be a mess when upgrading to newt version wich contain new commands, 

why not,  from a buttons menu you can activate ad desactivate disciplines commands.

You said in the webinar, Focus on design, Archicad tools are really good and that's why we stick to Archicad , BUT aren't fully baked, workarounds and illogic solutions are always there to disturb the workflow, think about new users, workarounds make them feel uncomftable, saying, " this simple situation needs a workaround, whatabout complex ones ?? " 

each tool have major / minor things to update, tweak , to get a good design toolbox for daily work, 

to attract users, Archicad should easily be able to help designing a residentiel or midscale projects without workarounds, this kind of project is where users start exploring the software, if it fails, users will start searching around for alternatives, 

make the product a complete solution for architects, 

i think , Archicad 27 should be the " NO workarounds version "   ,make architects life easier, to focus on design , then you can go ahead for structural and MEP workflows, 

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects
227 REPLIES 227

Very well put. The only thing I really want to see on top of all that is allowing GDL to be able to push and pull info to properties and classification 

bouhmidage
Advisor

i forgot to menstion one thing : 

Creating objects with Library part maker is not a Luxe for users, it's a fondamental tool for users and especially students, 

please think about the whole process of object creation , you have 

1 - GDL

2 - PARAM-O

3 - Mibrary part maker

4 - Rhino + Grasshopper connection

5 - modelling and saving as object

1+2+3+4 must be merged in 1 central object creation area,  mix the power of gdl to other tools in a smart way, 

keep the software clear, strait forward, no confusions, 

a simple objects creation workflow is equal to MROE manufacturer products that support Archicad, 

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects
Mjules
Mentor

Based on the frustrations caused by the release of Archicad 26, if I were Graphisoft, I would complete this version 26, which marks its 40th anniversary. We can't celebrate a 40th anniversary that way.

To do that, I would add the EcoDesigner Star in the package for free for all subscribers before the end of the year. I would also add the missing elements of the structural features in version 26 including the steel ones presented during the previous events or webinars as well. The development of the software is very late and I don't know the root cause of this big delay.

As a result, such a strategy would allow Graphisoft to alleviate the pain caused by the release of Archicad 26 this month.

For Archicad 27, Graphisoft could release your featuring proposals including the development of the Morph tool. We have to be able to convert different part of the morph in our design or drawings into appropriate BIM elements since Archicad is a BIM software program. For example, if I used the morph tool to design the roof of my architectural project during the schematic design phase, I should be able to convert this morph part of the design into a real BIM roof in Archicad. This could help to use the morph tool to sketch during the schematic design phase and then develop it during the design process. 

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11
DGSketcher
Legend

@bouhmidage wrote:

Archicad 26 was released yesterday, personnally i'm disappointed of how Archicad is slowly developped in the last 4 years, ...

I created this tread for users who have ideas, suggestions, propositions for the next release, we may express our thoughts, and give guidelines for development team, Graphisoft is listening, i'm sure, 

Graphisoft may be listening & reading but honestly I think they have no interest in what we all endure each day through a lack of investment in basic usability. What we post on this forum about improvements is nothing more than mutual support as we tolerate the frustrations of AC. If anything was clear at yesterdays launch it was GS is selling itself to their backers as a pioneering technology company. The fact their current strategy is likely to leave them with a diminished user base sooner rather than later doesn't seem to bother them. They have lost that primary requirement to understand the needs of their customers. This is their forum yet how many "employees" actually step up to assist with technical problems? That should tell you something about the current GS strategy.

I would like to say something positive about where AC is heading, but unfortunately after 27 years with AC all I am seeing now is detached neglect. Can it be fixed? Yes, if GS wanted to do something about it, and there is plenty of low hanging fruit in the wish list to win back customers quickly. To achieve that GS need to acknowledge their current development strategy is flawed and start delivering us improvements that help our workflow, not IT jargon filled power point slides.

Will it happen? After yesterday I'm definitely not going to hold my breath for an official reply to this post.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

I answered this duplicate post HERE

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

I also give an answer to your post at the same place @DGSketcher.

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11

I'd be happy if they just include FBX export... if not, it may be time for a petition, or something more substantial of a response.

I miss the R&D leadership Graphisoft had pre-Nemetschek days (90s & early-00s).

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System

They rarely respond on this forum anymore either.

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System

Can it be fixed? Yes, if GS wanted to do something about it, and there is plenty of low hanging fruit in the wish list to win back customers quickly. To achieve that GS need to acknowledge their current development strategy is flawed and start delivering us improvements that help our workflow, not IT jargon filled power point slides.

This is what makes it so frustrating - there are so many simple concrete things to implement (or just fully develop) that would bring AC back on par with the competition and likely ahead as it deep down still is a superior application for architectural design. What I cant understand is if it is that GS don't actually see and understand all this rather easily realized potential or that they for some reason simply don't think that a truly solid, efficient and intuitive application for architectural design is a viable business strategy compared to trying to catch new customers using fancy marketing of pseudo-features.