Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Archicad Future, 27 Poll

bouhmidage
Advisor

Archicad 26 was released yesterday, personnally i'm disappointed of how Archicad is slowly developped in the last 4 years, the pandemic has it' effects on business for sure, but we expected more since earlier versions used to bring nice and cool features, 

I created this tread for users who have ideas, suggestions, propositions for the next release, we may express our thoughts, and give guidelines for development team, Graphisoft is listening, i'm sure, 

For me, the most important thing to in an urgent way is to stop this multilingual installers strategy, 

Archicad 26 is released, all the world can download it with a multilangual installer,  : 

1 - download and install in a preferred langue, 

2 - open Archicad using your template, or download a template from the website, almost of us migrate tempaltes from older versions, resellers template  are useful for new users, 

3 - libraries also can be dowloaded from website, this will help in 2 things : lignter installers, and libraries are accessible for everyone especially when user works for foreign companies, .

this way, development and bug fixes will be focused on 1 installer, not 10, 

----------------------------

Archicad strategy is to implement several disciplines, let's admit this, 

For users , Architects, engeneers, drafters, commands and disciplines should be seperated and organized in different way, so we don't feel abused with unecessary command, 

yes Archicad offer possibility to organise commands in the work environnment, but the saved commands layout will be a mess when upgrading to newt version wich contain new commands, 

why not,  from a buttons menu you can activate ad desactivate disciplines commands.

You said in the webinar, Focus on design, Archicad tools are really good and that's why we stick to Archicad , BUT aren't fully baked, workarounds and illogic solutions are always there to disturb the workflow, think about new users, workarounds make them feel uncomftable, saying, " this simple situation needs a workaround, whatabout complex ones ?? " 

each tool have major / minor things to update, tweak , to get a good design toolbox for daily work, 

to attract users, Archicad should easily be able to help designing a residentiel or midscale projects without workarounds, this kind of project is where users start exploring the software, if it fails, users will start searching around for alternatives, 

make the product a complete solution for architects, 

i think , Archicad 27 should be the " NO workarounds version "   ,make architects life easier, to focus on design , then you can go ahead for structural and MEP workflows, 

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects
227 REPLIES 227

I wouldnt see it necesarily as user feedback (they can implement things or not). More like user pressure

Well, that would imply that GS have the corporate self-awareness to implement that sort of thing wouldn't it?

The obvious answer to that is if they realised how out of touch they were, they would have done something years ago.

Anyway, self awareness is a trait many individuals lack, let alone companies 😉

Archicad 27 UKI | OS X 12.7.1 Monterey
Jim Allen
Expert

I have created a new topic here: https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Wishes-forum/Archicad-Community-Wishlist/m-p/360393#M21502

It might make sense to direct all feature discussions there.

I also posted a message on the AC27 Wishlist thread. There's lots of good stuff there.

lopezfigueroa
Enthusiast

Please add the distance data option to lines and polylines.
Also allow fills, lines, and polylines to use properties and property expressions.
2d is very powerful for getting data that doesn't require a model.
Even A 3d polyline does not know how much it would help all users.

So you haven't looked at the document then 😉

@lopezfigueroa You can create a 3D polyline using the Morph tool and not closing the ends of the boundary. Unfortunately it only uses the Solid linetype. I have only used it for graphic fixes, but as it is a Morph I think you can assign properties.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

You can't get the length data, not even with the morph tool.
The type of line is another point.
I have a gdl object that does that job.
But I would like Archicad to have it natively.

mthd
Mentor

Hi, to all above and for spending your valuable time asking for things that you really need for Archicad to work much better for you and all of us.

I am not going to specify what I need Archicad to do for me right here because you know much more about Archicad than I ever will.

Yes, I agree about your wishes and the fact that bigger firms will have a bigger say.

I personally share all your concerns about Archicad failing to develop correctly and not going in the same directions as in the past.

I also get the impression that Nemetscheck may be wanting us to go into one of the three main categories of software it sells.

I personally would not spend anymore upgrade money on Archicad because it has not kept going in the same direction as the past.

If I was still working now I would probably buy Vectorworks Architect because it has developed in the right direction for me.

Archicad for low rise residential Architecture is in it’s death throws at present.

I think Nemetscheck would be happy for me to buy Vectorworks ?

I had my Archicad retail seller call me last week about upgrading to AC26, a two step process for me or just over $5K AUD. They are kidding me, I wouldn’t upgrade for free or just pay SSA to get more of the same type of releases as we have received recently. Covid is no excuse.

Of course I am just a solo practice.

I definitely do not like that Archicad is now mainly a commercial product that collaborates with its competitors. That’s definitely why it’s progress has slowed down so much for me and my type of business.

When your internet slows down to a trickle you change your provider.

Wake up, we all want a fast flow of user improvements to increase our workflow and not slow it down with endless learning curves with all these other non essential collaboration products.

It’s was definitely time for me to exit Archicad SSA and thanks for the many years of service in the past. I will continue to use what I have in AC24 & CAX10 for part time work in the future.

I might get back on board if they ever want to wake up to my market again.

I am happy to move on because I have accepted the reality that they don’t support my area of needs anymore.

Everyone above needs to consider their own business model and needs for their practice.

Great thread and yes please create a list with a percentage of priority on what we need. If we don’t ask or start the ball rolling we will never get it. I agree.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

I think you've perfectly expressed what we're all feeling... or at least most of us who are in the single to small firm range.

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
mthd
Mentor

Hi to all, you may have already seen this VWA demonstration video on site and mass modelling ?

Please watch it if you have the time and I want to know if you think Archicad can do this as easily as Vectorworks can ? Of course JR is an Ace with WVA.

https://youtu.be/C2AurYQjsuQ

I personally think that Archicad should be as easy as this for both site & basic building mass modelling ?

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura