Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Archicad Future, 27 Poll

bouhmidage
Advisor

Archicad 26 was released yesterday, personnally i'm disappointed of how Archicad is slowly developped in the last 4 years, the pandemic has it' effects on business for sure, but we expected more since earlier versions used to bring nice and cool features, 

I created this tread for users who have ideas, suggestions, propositions for the next release, we may express our thoughts, and give guidelines for development team, Graphisoft is listening, i'm sure, 

For me, the most important thing to in an urgent way is to stop this multilingual installers strategy, 

Archicad 26 is released, all the world can download it with a multilangual installer,  : 

1 - download and install in a preferred langue, 

2 - open Archicad using your template, or download a template from the website, almost of us migrate tempaltes from older versions, resellers template  are useful for new users, 

3 - libraries also can be dowloaded from website, this will help in 2 things : lignter installers, and libraries are accessible for everyone especially when user works for foreign companies, .

this way, development and bug fixes will be focused on 1 installer, not 10, 

----------------------------

Archicad strategy is to implement several disciplines, let's admit this, 

For users , Architects, engeneers, drafters, commands and disciplines should be seperated and organized in different way, so we don't feel abused with unecessary command, 

yes Archicad offer possibility to organise commands in the work environnment, but the saved commands layout will be a mess when upgrading to newt version wich contain new commands, 

why not,  from a buttons menu you can activate ad desactivate disciplines commands.

You said in the webinar, Focus on design, Archicad tools are really good and that's why we stick to Archicad , BUT aren't fully baked, workarounds and illogic solutions are always there to disturb the workflow, think about new users, workarounds make them feel uncomftable, saying, " this simple situation needs a workaround, whatabout complex ones ?? " 

each tool have major / minor things to update, tweak , to get a good design toolbox for daily work, 

to attract users, Archicad should easily be able to help designing a residentiel or midscale projects without workarounds, this kind of project is where users start exploring the software, if it fails, users will start searching around for alternatives, 

make the product a complete solution for architects, 

i think , Archicad 27 should be the " NO workarounds version "   ,make architects life easier, to focus on design , then you can go ahead for structural and MEP workflows, 

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects
227 REPLIES 227
FerArQdel8
Participant

I will only say one thing...we urgently need tools for the use of the point cloud file ,!!!!!!!

You know this of mine? https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Parametric-Object-Factory/Archicad-26-Point-Cloud-Cutter-GDL/cns...

AC5.5-AC27EduAut, PC-Win10, MacbookAirM1, MacbookM1Max, Win-I7+Nvidia
Pedro Braia
Participant

What I really want would be the improving of automatic label, so it can detect and say the material ID. That would make labeling a project so much easier. If it could detect them individualy in the sections instead of saying the whole composition would be great too.

wallSkinLabel.jpg

 like this? reflect BM prefixes and BM codes

Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
mthd
Mentor

Should this poll be for AC28 since AC27 would have already been in the process of development when this post was made ?

A Beta team from outside the inner circle is probably due for selection quite soon ?

Anyway anticipation usually creates excitement for what’s actually made it into AC27.

It would be nice to know if anything in this post was actually implemented into AC27 after it is official.

I hope some of our dreams come true in AC27.

For me: I wish we could have a very simple quick easy way of finding element pens that are actually being used by the program and to edit them.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

I know this sounds curmudgeonly, but I have no doubt this poll is for our eyes only. Graphisoft won't release a road map, nor speak to their users about features, so I'm sure they avoid any discussion outside of R&D for feature wishes.

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
mthd
Mentor

It’s probably due time for GS to connect directly with its experienced users like you and others for consultation and input into newer versions ?

I can tell you from my experience that Chief Architect Software has listened to us users and implemented things the we have directly requested from them. I can personally vouch for that. Graphisoft is a much bigger company and deals with commercial CAD products but they still can gain allot from listening to very experienced users like those on this post and forum.

lets see what we get with AC27 ?

They made a big proclamation about doing so, even at their Building Together event... but they went back to dormancy since. They doubled down on their distancing by raising the price of SSA by 10% two years in a row, and haven't responded to any concerns over the lack of a roadmap to justify their increase.

It didn't used to be like this in the 90s and early-00s. The resellers (me included) would compile a list of requests from our users, and added our own), and then we'd have interaction with the head of R&D, etc. Very sad to see what's become of their past interactions.

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
mthd
Mentor

That’s very good to know that they had it right back then. We can only hope that they will look after their SSA clients in the future by once again listening carefully to them and their wishes.

Listening to experienced professionals is what makes software effective and successful.

Development teams, even when they have qualifications in relevant subjects often haven't practised, and if they have, not recently and in many cases not in a a large commercial office.

What software developers think are interesting and useful features are often completely different to what experienced practising professionals want or would like.

The reason the wishlist exists is because of this gap.

You can look through the list and see that some of the items on it are fundamental features that many of us wanted to be addressed years ago.

There seems to be a lack of awareness at GS that we know better than they do what would benefit architects in practice.

Archicad 27 UKI | OS X 12.7.1 Monterey