Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Archicad Key Schedules

Anonymous
Not applicable
HI,

sometimes I would kill for a key schedule feature like in Revit. I tried to mimic it with calculated properties,but unfortenately it is not possible
7 REPLIES 7
Please post an example of what you are wanting to achieve. I don't know what a "key" schedule is.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
gpowless
Advocate
Central Innovation's CI Tools "Keynotes" add-on is my mainstay. I have tried other methods and addons but this has the most functionality. Check it out.

Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Stefhannes wrote:
HI,

sometimes I would kill for a key schedule feature like in Revit. I tried to mimic it with calculated properties,but unfortenately it is not possible

I looked at a Revit Key Schedule video:

I think it is possible to create something that would be similar to how a Key Schedule works in Revit. However, you would not specify the parameter values for the various "Keys" in your schedule. Instead, you would have to go to the Property Manager and use Expressions to set the values of the various Properties depending on the value of the 'Key" Property. I have not tried it just now, but I think if you do it like that, if you then change the value of the "Key" property in a schedule, the values of the Properties depending on the value of the "Key" Property should also update.
Of course, you will not have a table where you can define what Property values belong to what "Key" Property values, I don't have any ideas of how you could mimic that in Archicad.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
HI Laszlo,
thank you for your answer, but I already tested this before I posted this wish of course...the major downfall of this method is, that in AC you are only be able to create "direct" dependencies. For example if Key Value = 01 than put "xy" in the other value....this is very unflexible and often times no real time saver

what I want to do, and therefore I posted this wish is this:

Goal of a Key Schedule:
the Goal is to define one Key Value, which is capable of controling several other values (properties).
For Example:
Key Value = Roomtype (Option Set: 01, 02, 03......)

With this Key Value you create a Key Schedule, where you define, which other values (properties) are associated with this key value
for Example
Roomtype 01 - Key-FloorCovering = Tiles (Option Set to choose from) - Key-WallCovering = Paint etc.
Roomtype 02 - Key-FloorCovering = Parquet....................

From now on, if a room gets the Property: Roomtype 01 for example, it instantly should know, what its Floor Covering etc. is.
If the key schedule changes anytime in the Project, the associated values will also be updated of course. You safe a huge ammount of time in a large project.

in Archicad - as I said - this is not possible!
You can define, that "if the roomtype = 01 than the FlooringType = Tiles" etc with an epic IFS expression though. but this honestly is a pain in the ass and very unflexible. (it is a direct aproach, where you have to define every value beforehand )

What I really wantto do is this:
Hey Room, just look in the key schedule here you find all the values you need for many of your properties like FloorCovering, WallCovering etc. etc. etc.
but unfortunately It is not possible to say:
if roomtype = 01, than put the Key-FloorCovering Value of the key schedule in the FloorCovering property of the room
(you can do it, but it wont work, because every room also gets the Key-FloorCovering Value and this will be the standard value of course....)

P.S. I Know the Cadimage Tools, they are great but it is not excactely what I want (and of course I want AC to do it, instead of a paid addon 🙂)

I stick with it: Please ArchiCAD developers, give me proper key scheduling 🙂 ( or at least a reasonable workaround)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, I agree, there is no place in Archicad where you could do it in the simple way you do it in Revit.
By the way, you can vote in your own poll.
jl_lt
Ace
Hi, so this is not a keynote schedule, but more like a property schedule, where i a single option contains diferent specifications, is that right?

how do you fill this table? do you manually select an option in the table for each object? or do you the define the option directly in the object (this door is type A, this one B, and so forth) so it schedules automatically?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If I remember correctly, you define the values in the Schedule.
It is kind of like specifying an Option Set for a Property in Archicad.