BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Archicad Versions and locales

MaFarine
Booster

Hi there,

At our firm, we use the FRA version of Archicad in Switzerland and our colleagues in Portugal use the POR one.

For Archicad 25 5005:

• INT released 2022-02-24
  • FRA released 2022-03-16
  • POR not yet released

Today I see that there is a 5010 that was released 2022-03-30.

My wish is that you reduce this time lag to a minimum because I am waiting for the POR release to announce our firm that we can go to 5005.

Since we are 300 and that a member of Portugal could help basically any project it is too hard to pick people who can already update.

Or even better that translation is managed in another way?

Linked to this topic, is there a way to subscribe to updates notifications (not through Archicad but by email) for Archicad (and versions), BIMcloud, etc. ?

Thanks a lot for your help 🙂

Best regards.

Mathieu

Mathieu Farine | BIM Manager | CCHE Lausanne | Switzerland
AC24-26 FRA | WIN11 | i7-9850H | 32Go | RTX4000
16 REPLIES 16

Oh that's a bummer..

I wanted to test how to facilitate the transfer between the POR et FRA versions in terms of attributes..

Thank for the intel!

@MaFarine wrote:

I wanted to test how to facilitate the transfer between the POR et FRA versions in terms of attributes..

There is no difference with the attributes.

What you see in one language version is exactly what you will see in the other.

You would transfer attribute using the index numbers rather than the names.

The index numbers will stay constant no matter what language version.

The names will be different for each language but there will be no translation involved when transferring from one language version to another.

Portuguese attributes will still be named in Portuguese and French attribute will still be named in French.

If you transfer by name, then you will just get a doubling up of each attribute in each language.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

So why they complicate things ! i don't think there is a technical limit in this field, 

also, another thing, when i work with foreign clients, i should have the Archicad library in their language, For exemple, i use FRA version, and i often need GER or INT libraries to open files correctly, for that i download the INT installer , install it JUST TO COPY THE LIBRARY FOLDER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's a huge mess....

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects

The POR-using guys just need to open the FRA project on INT with the corresponding version number, and load whatever libraries the project is using and only those. 

I think we are going a little off topic.

The original post I think was about teamwork and having all the same build of Archicad installed for different languages.

The updates all come out at different times.

The POR guys should be able to open a FRA file directly with their POR licence.

It is just they will have a POR interface with a file documented (probably) in French.

The files don't have language/license restriction, but the software does.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

FRA-users are not updating to the latest version because POR doesn't get its release. FRA-users can update and POR-users can use INT until they get their own update and then go back to POR if they want to.

[If the project was started on a FRA template, it is using the FRA attributes —which they will want to stick to, nobody would want to have French and Portuguese versions of the same attribute on the model. That's what I meant by 'FRA-project'.]

You are right @Barry Kelly,

The updates all come out at different times.

I do know that but my question was if Graphisoft was planning on reducing the intervals.

And my second question was :

Is there a way to get notified by mail for different kind of updates (FRA, POR, BIMcloud in my case).

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards,

Learn and get certified!