BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Archicad and Excel

gdford
Advisor
What are the chances of being able to drop an excel document directly into archicad without first turning it into a pdf???
Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
gdford wrote:
What are the chances of being able to drop an excel document directly into archicad without first turning it into a pdf???
What do you want to have happen after dropping the Excel file? A text-only display, as if it were a PDF? Of which sheet inside the workbook? UI would have to prompt you to select the sheet, and potentially the extents. Or, in addition, one that would update if the view was rebuilt? Or do you want it live-linked in a way that you can double-click it to edit?

Seems like it could be a huge project in itself to implement... vs just saving a PDF. If you re-save the PDF to the same place / name, the updated PDF will load into the project...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
gdford
Advisor
My goal with archicad is to have the data stream as live as possible, so just being able to skip the pdf step would be in my mind some improvement in avoiding old data.
But... thinking about a live data connection between excel and archicad and being able to place the worksheet directly into archicad, and to edit the worksheet within archicad, could be really amazing from a construction estimating point of view. This could supplement the limitations of the archicad schedule.
So yes, let's do this.
I like the way you think Karl.
Gary Ford
Archicad 12-26
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Gary,

Thank you very much for sharing the idea!

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it to our Wish List database (please refer to it as Idea-4241). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Cool Beans!!

Gary Ford
Archicad 12-26
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Learn and get certified!