Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Archicad structural version

Takis
Expert
Wish to have a standalone Archicad structural version offering to structural engineers to make full detailed drawings without the need to use other software.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
In my oppinion it would be much better to have some "structural tools" integrated in ArchiCAD itself. Or it can be as an add-on, like accessories. But there is a need for tool, wich could make wooden frame inside the wall and make layout with its dimensions (like Cadimage tools)
Takis
Expert
I agree that the structural tools is a need in Archicad no matter how they will be function, either as addon or tools.
Timber wall frames is just a part of what we use for construction.
I wish to have tools for real 2D & 3D detailing for concrete, steel and timber structures.
alemanda
Advocate
I voted essential.
How to build a Bim model without structures?
Why to leave this part of the model to other modellers and hoping that everything go well with IFC import/export?

We need a sort of structural modeler.

For reinforced concrete structure Archicad can achieve good results but for steel structures we are light years far from acceptable results.
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Takis
Expert
Totally agreed, I also voted essential.
Exporting ifc file, while structural elements are objects, you get no result when importing into other software and again why do we have to use other software for our drawing purposes?
Takis
Expert
I was watching a Revit 2015 video today with its structural extensions and I was just wondering how come we be so far away.
Wish next version Archicad 19 to be a complete BIM Archicad, much much better of what they have.